Reporting to the Sr.
Director – Product Management and Associate Enablement. The Product Manager III – Associate Enablement, has key responsibilities
for the implementation and development of product roadmaps for designated
technology products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations
of management and associates. He/she ensures high caliber customer satisfaction
through the development and execution of technology solutions throughout the
globe for Customer Engagement Centers.
The Product Manager III will demonstrate leadership and best practice related to product management and act as a mentor to other product management functions. They will support overall portfolio processes and work highly autonomously.
Working closely with senior CEC & Corporate IT leaders, this position provides technology direction and execution to deliver optimal business solutions supporting the contact center technology platforms. This position works under the direction of the Sr. Director – Product Management and Associate Enablement, monitoring the flow of project work of Customer Engagement Centers and Corporate iT departments in alignment with broader business initiatives, projects and work teams. Additionally, this position will coordinate closely with selected vendor partners on the find, build and delivery of all current and new Contact Center Technology.
A successful candidate possesses knowledge and experience, including industry trends and best practices for a specific product domain. Experience with SalesForce, or any other CRM platform, is highly desired. He/she also demonstrates strong leadership and relationship skills, significant information technology, infrastructure and contact center experience as well as department and organizational management experience. A proven understanding and experience related to infrastructure, technology (hardware, software & telecommunications) and P&L budgeting, is also key to be successful in this role.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance;
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provide product management leadership for Customer Engagement Systems from strategic planning, to tactical activities, to ongoing optimization & continuous improvement.
- Leverage product dashboards to drive a data driven decision-making culture to identify big and small opportunities to improve performance, as well illustrate value for recently launched / optimized features.
- Effectively translate technology & process opportunities into quantifiable results.
- Contribute a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in key program area (CRM, Workforce management, IVR, CTI, Channel routing, etc.) to support business unit and functional objectives
- Document requirements for current and future products and develop the associated business case for new investments.
- Ensure all deliverables meet Marriott standards and enterprise-wide project management standards for system design, implementation and production
- Enable communications for internal executives and constituents for product rollouts, as well as provide escalation support for triaging production issues
- Benchmark comparable organizations while building deep understanding of our customer profiles/ needs, plus business strategies and needs for growth
- Work closely with key development partners within Corp IT Plan/Build/Run as well as Digital & CX teams globally.
- Lead the benefit realization planning process with Finance and operations.
- Manage the product feature cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Achieve results against budget within the scope of responsibility
- Support procurement efforts as needed (e.g. new tools, new vendors), write statements of work and manage external vendors
- Facilitate strong working relationships with team members and business sponsors to deliver exceptional product solutions
- Respond to, solve and makes decisions on business requests, brand requests and hotel requests. Present solutions, leveraging work in progress
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
- Participates in the hiring, development and retention of diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of team, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
- Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service‐oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on‐boarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decision-making authority for team members.
- Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging way.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
Leading Through Vision and Values
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company’s core values.
- Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others’ and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implement change.
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
- Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case for stakeholder commitment.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Uses an understanding of market dynamics and the business environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors industry and market changes and adjusts priorities as needed.
- Sets department or team standards and uses key business metrics to evaluate performance.
- Models and coaches others on making business decisions based on data from a variety of sources.
- Evaluates profit and loss statements, develops operating budgets, and conducts forecasting.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in addressing resource needs and improving efficiencies while balancing associate, customer/stakeholder, and financial results.
- Creates an environment where learning is valued and encouraged.
- Models and sets expectations for others to evaluate own and others’ strengths and developmental needs.
- Secures resources and creates opportunities for self and others to improve performance through stretch assignments and other professional development activities.
- Models and coaches others on staying current on industry and discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevant best practices.
- Establishes training requirements for the team and holds others accountable for meeting training goals.
- Models and holds others accountable for staying current in area of expertise.
- Shows a strong understanding of the operating principles, resource needs, terminology, and interdependence of all relevant functions to support successful discipline operations.
- Promotes the development of partnerships across teams to solve complex issues and improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with contractual, legal and regulatory requirements.]
Building a Successful Team
- Coordinates with other departments and teams and helps clarify the responsibilities of each group.
- Communicates clear expectations about how departments, teams, and individuals contribute to success.
- Considers associates’ strengths and team dynamics when assigning work.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for establishing team‐building strategies and encouraging cooperation.
- Involves team members in making decisions that impact the team.
- Recognizes achievements that support department and team success.
Driving for Results
- Reinforces a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
- Works with others to establish shared and individual goals.
- Monitors department, team, and individual performance.
- Makes sure associates are clear on expectations, timelines, and budget requirements.
- Identifies and focuses on business opportunities that have the highest value for the Company.
- Helps others understand work requirements by explaining why the work is important and by breaking down projects into manageable tasks.
- Analyzes department, team, and individual workload to prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately.
- Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials, personnel, and other resources teams need to accomplish their work.
- Establishes and coaches others on processes for monitoring work quality and project milestones.
- Job type
- Omaha, NE, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract