- Supervise food preparation. Resolve problems affecting production. Monitor customer counts and food consumption. Maintain supply of products for customer selection. Supervise and lead team members in cost control management of food, supplies and equipment. Monitor quality of food. Ensure cleanliness of work areas. Supervise use, maintenance and cleaning of food production equipment. Design and assemble special food presentations. Update and follow standardized recipes & monitor accuracy of recipes. Assist with supervision and training of department production team members.
- Plans menus for all outlets, catering, banqueting and special occasions in accordance with the set guidelines.
- Ensures proper scheduling of staff in accordance to the expected work-load and depending on the hotel occupancy. Controls and enforces the set vacation limits. Maintains a performance record of each member of the kitchen staff for assessment purposes.
- Ensures proper briefing of the service staff with regards to specials, specialities, seasonal offers and promotions.
- Assumes full responsibility of the training programmes aimed to maintain and improve the kitchen standards.
Ensures proper handling of equipment, prevents loss and damage to assets and goods.
- Responsible for the costing of all food items produced.
- Responsible for proper storage of food items throughout the operation.
- Responsible for the proper receiving procedures of food items.
- Team oriented and to be able to cope with high volume of business.
- Friendly, attentive with positive attitude and always use proper language.
- Carries out other duties that may from time to time be assigned to him by the General Manager or the Executive Assistant Manager.
Cenizaro Hotels & Resorts
Cenizaro Hotel & Resorts, the hospitality arm of Bonvests Holdings Limited, is a leading international property and hospitality company with a portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations. The Residence by Cenizaro resorts are located in Mauritius, Maldives, Tunis and Zanzibar. In addition, the group's hotel portfolio includes the Sheraton Towers Singapore and Four Points by Sheraton Perth.
While each establishment reflects a distinct individual personality and sense of place, every hotel in the family embodies the legendary hallmarks of excellence the world has come to know: attention to detail, and intuitive, personal and discreet customer service, inspired by a total commitment to delivering excellence and enriching experiences.