The Human Resources Manager manages day-to-day operations including promoting a safe, fair, positive work environment, hiring, managing human resources programs, counseling management and staff on associate relations matters while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and reporting requirements.The ideal candidate for this position
Our ideal team member is someone who is passionate about serving our associates and managers with HR services--whether it''s changing an address and updating insurance options, or resolving personnel conflicts and creating improvement plans. This person loves to interact with others, and is capable of handling intense attention to detail for maintaining legal and compliant paperwork for all associates.What you will be doing
- Associate/Guest Satisfaction – Manage Human Resources in compliance with policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Manage staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget. Train and motivate associates to have positive and effective guest relations skills. Ensure staff compliance with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Ensure timely response to guest needs. Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
- Human Resources – Plan and manage recruiting to maintain appropriate staffing levels with qualified individuals. Implement and manage human resources programs in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Counsel management and staff on associate relations matters, conflict resolution, performance management and terminations as appropriate. Resolve employee complaints and grievances, conduct exit interviews & examine exit interviews for trends. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Administer and ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, and blood-borne pathogen. Prepare and conduct associate performance and salary reviews in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment. Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
- Profitability – Contribute to and recommend budget, capital expenditures, inventory controls, asset protection, business plans, and short/long term planning. Manage within approved plans and objectives. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Effectively and efficiently manage human resources programs and associate relations matters in compliance with policies, procedures and reporting requirements. Analyze and monitor internal control procedures. Report, investigate and resolve violations to policies, procedures and regulations. Review vendors, products and bills to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. Submit recommendations to senior management on internal controls, policies and procedures improvements.
- Life Safety/Risk Management – Assist the General Manager with hotel life safety. Manage and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Manage staff compliance with appropriate sanitary, safety, security and emergency policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Ensure staff is proficient in and compliant with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Notify senior management of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Recommend additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
- Asset Management - Walk the operations daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates. Ensure cleanliness and preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to senior management. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Effectively and efficiently manage the Human Resources staff, day-to-day operations and services. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition''s products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist senior management in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines. Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner. Conduct regular meetings with staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities. Communicate Human Resources activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
- Administration – Compile and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. As requested, assist with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free on site Parking
- Employee discount program at Hyatt Hotels and any hotel in the Prism Hospitality portfolio.
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible