The Role: Chief Engineer
Location: Hyatt Place- Austin, TX
National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown, our convenient hotel near Circuit of the Americas, offers a stylish, comfortable, and seamless experience for travelers to the Austin area. Guests will enjoy free Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, 24/7 StayFit™ Gym, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. After a day of meetings, head to the Coffee to Cocktails Bar for a specialty Starbucks® beverage or cocktail from our menu of premium beers, wines, and spirits. From our flexible meeting space to free Wi-Fi everywhere, Hyatt Place Austin Airport has everything you need to stay productive and feel at home..
The Chief Engineer performs preventative and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of both our employee’s and guests. The Chief Engineer ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, and franchise inspection requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain and repair interior and exterior of the building, guest rooms, meeting rooms, laundry, lighting, HVAC, ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pool.
· Manage employees and daily activities of the maintenance and pool department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
· Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
· Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory.
· Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance and capital planning.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
· Manage hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
· Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
· Carry out Preventive Maintenance Program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests; examples include lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems and pools.
· Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
· Assist with hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
Required Skills and Experience
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Highly energetic and motivated individual
Must have strong leadership skills
Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
- Job type
- Austin, TX, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible