The Role: Front Desk Supervisor
Location: Hyatt Place- Austin, TX
National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown, our convenient hotel near Circuit of the Americas, offers a stylish, comfortable, and seamless experience for travelers to the Austin area. Guests will enjoy free Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, 24/7 StayFit™ Gym, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. After a day of meetings, head to the Coffee to Cocktails Bar for a specialty Starbucks® beverage or cocktail from our menu of premium beers, wines, and spirits. From our flexible meeting space to free Wi-Fi everywhere, Hyatt Place Austin Airport has everything you need to stay productive and feel at home.
As Front Desk Supervisor, you would be responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager and General Manager in directing and administering Front Desk operations in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in overseeing Front Desk operations including, but not limited to, guest service and registration, room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability.
· Assist with marketing initiatives as needed.
· Provide assistance to the Front Office Manager and General Manager in developing team member’s performance including providing feedback for performance evaluations and delivering recognition.
· Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends.
· Practice and enforce brand and NHS standards at all times.
· Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
· Ensure the daily activities of the department are being performed. Provide support to the Front Office Manager and General Manager in organizing work, communicating goals and scheduling employees.
· Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
· Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
· Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and are knowledgeable of the local area and events.
· Complete audit procedures as needed.
· Assist in recruiting and interviewing new team members as needed.
· Conduct new hire and on-going training as needed.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
· Serve as the ‘Manager on Duty’ when needed.
Required Skills and Experience
High school or equivalent education required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
A minimum of two years hotel front desk experience and one year supervisory/management experience is required.
Highly energetic and motivated individual.
Must have strong leadership skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
Adaptable to change.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Austin, TX, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible