Provides temporary sales leadership support to the Area Sales organization as well as individual hotels. Serves a bench function to account for staffing changes resulting from turnover, leaves of absence, or extended vacation leave for property and area sales leaders. Provides sales leadership for new hotel openings, renovation and repositioning support, and temporary sales leadership for priority hotels identified by the regional team. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Proven leadership skills in supervising and managing associates.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
• Marriott sales systems experience (e.g. SFAWebCI, MRDW, MarRFP)
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Performs all duties of the Director of Group Sales, the Director of Hotel Sales or the Director of Sales & Marketing based on assignment due to absence/vacancy at the property.
• Provides temporary sales leadership support to the Area Sales organization as well as individual hotels.
• Manages and directs the on-property group sales effort to achieve property revenue goals by proactively targeting current and new high value accounts in the market and implementing effective sales deployment strategies to grow market share.
• Coordinates with General Manager (GM) and Area Leadership to understand sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the property.
• Manages the group sales efforts for the property including local and group/convention business.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Coordinates and deploys group sales resources on-property to establish pull-through and sustainability of sales strategies and selling solutions.
• Provides sales leadership support for individual properties during pre-opening and renovation timelines and drive repositioning efforts.
• Coordinates with leadership from all sales channels (e.g. Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST), Sales Office) to educate selling engines on property attributes and business needs
• Partners with Marketing & eCommerce leadership to establish echannels/websites are updated and targeted marketing promotions are developed for the property.
• Provides other sales support as needed, upon direction from GM or Area Sales leadership, within the overall sales strategy
• Under direction of GM and Area Sales leadership, develops sales strategy to drive revenue to identified property
• Partners with Sales Executives and Area Sales leadership to pull-through local business from neighborhood targets and small business accounts
• Coordinates with Area Sales Leaders to pull-through business from out-of-market accounts to identified property
• Understands competitive market and identify share shift opportunities
• Performs all duties of the Area Sales Leader or Senior Market Executive based on assignment due to absence/vacancy on the team.
• Manages and direct the area sales team and promotes accountability to drive superior business results within the area. Includes successful execution of account strategies by proactively targeting current and new high value accounts in the area and implementing effective sales deployment strategies to grow market share.
• For properties without sales leadership, manages and directs property-based Senior Sales Executives and/or Destination Sales Executives in order to achieve property revenue goals.
• Verifies that area Sales and Marketing strategies and programs are in alignment with the overall market goals.
• Tracks account growth and profitability to positively influence customer purchasing behavior.
• Reviews the STAR report, review competitive shopping reports, research competitor’s sales team strategies and use other resources in order to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer to generate better business solutions.
• Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Evaluates market and economic trends and introduces appropriate changes in sales strategies to generate increased revenue and establish competitive position in the market for each property.
• Verifies that the focus is on proactive selling and penetrating accounts.
• Serves as the property sales liaison with all sales channels, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Marketing Communications and other hotel departments as appropriate.
• Partners with Sales Office leaders to review sales results and plans for each property to review re-solicitation efforts and account assignments.
• Serves as the primary sales contact for the GMs and property leadership teams. Understands and represents individual property needs.
• Assists Market Sales Leader with coordination of sales specialist team (e.g., scheduling, stakeholder management, assignment evaluation, etc.)
• Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves a bench function to account for staffing changes resulting from turnover, leaves of absence, or extended vacation leave for property and area sales leaders.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to establish guest satisfaction.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
- Job type
- Rosemont, IL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible