Luxury beauty is a dynamic and highly competitive industry that strives to set trends while constantly reacting to marketplace and consumer behavior changes. As a leader in the marketplace, CHANEL’s Fragrance & Beaute division must constantly innovate to stay competitive in a fast-paced industry.
This role partners with the Fragrance & Beaute division and external teams to build media plans that meet business objectives. The Media Specialist is pivotal to the team as one of the key stakeholders involved in daily operations while executing high volume of long- and short-term projects.
The ideal candidate is self-led with a propensity for collaboration, innovation and precise execution. Someone who has a point of view, is performance-minded, diplomatic yet persuasive and who is able to support and evolve media initiatives in a landscape that is in constant change.
- Collaborate with several cross functional teams to lead development of media plans in support of marketing initiatives (including but not limited to Marketing, Creative, Digital, Sales, Legal, Finance and Consumer Insights)
- Manage day-to-day relationship and workflow of three external agency teams for daily operations in tandem with Media Lead
- Develop and submit creative briefs (locally and globally) and lead campaign asset management
- Liaise with global trafficking teams to ensure campaigns properly undergo Q/A and are executed across all media (including print, social, search, TV/video, audio, OOH and display)
- Provide daily support to F&B Media Lead, inclusive of (but not exhaustive): campaign briefs, review monthly flowcharts, develop media plans and manage tactical execution and delivery with external agencies to ensure business goals are achieved
- Project Lead for the @chanel.beauty social program. Responsibilities include campaign management, evaluating assets, routing through internal/external teams, execution and reporting
- Track & serve as first touch of all invoices for Media and Production charges and in the appropriate documents
- Manage distribution of campaign screenshots/POPs and post-campaign reports to US and Global teams
- Co-manage agenda and follow ups for global internal calls in tandem with the other media team specialist
- Exhibit a curiosity about the wider media landscape and industry, continuously advocating for innovation by identifying relevant opportunities for CHANEL
- 2-3 years with media experience with a full range of media channels, including TV, Outdoor, Print, Display, Social, Search and Audio
- Excellent multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the capability to adjust and refocus based on business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to craft, deliver and present presentations formally and informally that effectively express the intent
- Excellent financial, analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive, driven individual who does not settle for status quo and has a collaborative spirit working with cross functional teams
- Collaborative spirit and experience in developing strong working relationships and partnering with cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Intellectually curious student of media and consumer behavior