Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Marriott Hotel in Hoffman Estates is hiring!! Professionally managed by the Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group (WHG) in partnership with Pyramid Hotels. WHG is an ELEVEN TIME Gallup Great Work Place Award Winner and a member of the Marriott Partnership Circle Hall of Fame.
- Solicits, confirms and coordinates transient and group sales for hotel.
- Effectively monitors market positions with assigned market(s).
- Coordinates with the Sales and Catering Manager the handling, maintaining, and development of group business.
- Makes outside sales calls/trips within existing geographical market.
- Provide the highest quality service to the customer at all times
- Develop direct sales plan within assigned market responsibilities for each assigned property.
- Includes the development of sales programs to solicit business by contacting representatives of government, business associations and social groups through direct sales and promotional efforts * With the Director of Sales creates pricing strategy recommendations; establishes group rate parameters; monitor turndowns and group selling strategies.
- Ensures accurate follow-through of communications on customer needs
- Through agreement letters, customer correspondence and appropriate inter-regional communications to reservations and property management. * Assists DOS in negotiating profitable customer commitments on business. When negotiating outside agreed upon parameter (i.e. rates, number of room nights, etc), approval from DOS should be obtained.
- Keep existing business monitored and satisfied.
- Pre-and post-evaluation with clients.
- Frequent phone and personal visits
- Follows-up on group comment forms when appropriate. * Supports use of promotional customer programs.
- Develops and implements regional and hotel-specific promotions with the GM
- Maintains awareness of competitive market positions and programs to provide input to the DOS.
- Recommends appropriate marketing and sales plans/targets to ensure successful performance of each assigned property.
- Develops competition survey to measure market share and changes in the competition.
- Assists in revising sales and marketing guidelines, marketing procedures, and promotions manual when appropriate.
- Develops new business through obtaining accounts from the competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market.
- Develops quarterly sales forecast recommendations and targets for success and local market assignments.
- Maintains accurate records of sales activities and results and analyzes period end results.
- Participates in sales blitz trips.
- Develops strong rapport with customers acting as the liaison with customers and property management.
- Participates in hotel selling skills program.
- Represents hotels when necessary to local communities through affiliation with professional business organizations.
- Facilitates effective communication with other departments.
- Qualified candidates will have a 2 or 4 year degree in business or related area.
- Previous Sales experience required, hotel sales preferred
- Previous Marriott experience highly desirable
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of assigned job with or without accommodation.
- Optimum candidate will have flexible schedule
- Able to function in a Manager on Duty capacity as necessary.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Hoffman Estates, IL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible