Manages daily operations, and supports a team of associates consisting of Marriott.com Content Managers, Marriott.com Digital Acceptance Testing, and eServices support associates. Provides direction to diverse work teams, which service customers via all channels. Develops solutions to operational and project issues, including identifying First Contact Resolution opportunities and rendering decisions regarding issue resolution. Ensures department goals are achieved through proactive management processes. Promotes associate engagement and job satisfaction. Coordinates major initiatives, projects, deliverables and contributes to the strategic direction of work teams. Provides operations/systems support, database troubleshooting, and creates on-demand training for the eCommerce Associates.
Responsible for analyzing and implementing strategies to achieve business requirements. This supervisor is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining tools and analysis to improve operational performance. As requested by senior management, this position will undertake special projects and analyses. Supports an environment which promotes service excellence, ensures associate engagement. Ensures department goals are achieved through proactive management processes. Coordinates major initiatives, deliverables and contributes to the strategic direction of work teams.
This position supports content management and testing processes of Marriott.com as well as eServices through coordination and planning for the tasks of these associates, working with Marriott Digital and Distribution Team leaders.
· Supervises daily eCommerce Support operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
· Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening within the eCommerce Support department. Ensure staff is kept informed regarding new company initiatives, promotions, enhancements, policies, etc. Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
· Provides support for escalated support needs via telephone and email and ensures proper resolution of each, including direct contact with stakeholders when necessary. Effectively responds to and handles problems.
· Reviews service and staffing levels to ensure that project deadlines, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Participates in project updates during conference calls with eCommerce representatives.
· Creates Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) with team members to enhance their individual performance and job satisfaction.
· Manages personnel related activities of the team including completion of performance evaluations, coaching, documenting, disciplinary action, monitoring attendance, etc.
· Coordinates hiring efforts including recruitment, hiring, and associate support within Guangzhou Digital eCommerce team. This includes new hire and contractor positions.
· Is the department expert in communicating information with other Centers/Business Units to ensure successful coordination of service methods.
· Facilitates department and team meetings to disseminate new policies and procedures.
· Develops department policies to support process changes and initiatives.
· Manages the communication of trends via prepared reports to the appropriate personnel, as well as corporate headquarters and other eCommerce leaders.
- Ensures the department achieves our budgeted goals and makes recommendations for changes and cost saving opportunities.
· Acts as facilitator and advisor to department service teams and problem-solving teams, ensuring the training and completion of objectives.
· Organize the creation of system enhancements with Corporate programmers and database vendor/consultant.
· Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening within the Customer Care department. Ensure staff is kept informed regarding new company initiatives, promotions, enhancements, policies, etc. Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
· Ensures department is a safe and secure environment for associates. Communicates and executes departmental emergency procedures. Participates as needed in the investigation of associate accidents.
· Ensures that associate recognition program is in effect, thereby rewarding outstanding customer interactions
· Participates in monitoring of job skills for associates and gives appropriate feedback designed to improve individual skills. Develops and implements corrective action plans.
· Hires all department associates, understanding required skills when making selections.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire eCommerce team.
· Ensures department policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
· Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures. Ensures center policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
· Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in financial management of department.
· Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· Determines the need for overtime and/or downtime to ensure appropriate staffing and control wages.
· Understands the Center as a business. To be responsible for all operational budgetary performance of the department.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
1. Possess exceptional writing skills in order to provide well-written, accurate, and courteous responses to customers, as well as English communication skills in order to have conference call with direct report leaders and project managers.
2. Must possess critical thinking/problem solving skills, and the ability to engage team members to achieve desired goals.
3. Possess strong comprehension skills, which allows for the clear and concise explanation and understanding of customer questions and issues.
4. Able to understand and utilize all available resources and processes to maximize the efficiency and accuracy of required tasks.
5. An extensive comprehension of Internet operations, OTA Direct Connect issue handling.
8. Ability to operate Windows based programs, (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) which require intermediate computer skills.
9. Possess both team management and change management skills.
10. Effectively incorporates conflict management techniques into managing diverse work teams.
11. Possess good coaching and leadership skills.
· Steps forward to address difficult issues and guides others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
Managing Work Execution (Managing Execution)
· Ensures that all work is completed effectively; monitors the progress of work against schedules and budgets
Developing Others (Generating Talent)
- Works to enhance the organizations capabilities through effective staffing and through facilitating others’ skill development
Fostering Teamwork and Building Relationships (Building Relationships)
- Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives
Organizational Learner (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional, and unit growth; shares learning
· Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
· Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement
· Seeks feedback from others on performance and modifies behavior as appropriate
Managing Change (Leadership)
· Supports, manages, and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace
· Takes calculated risks to try new things
· Serves as a personal role model of the change expected of other associates
· Makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of changes
Communicating Openly (Building Relationships)
· Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high- quality information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization
· Asks questions as necessary to clarify the message
· Encourages others to share their points of view
· Openly and accurately reports errors, mistakes, and unintended outcomes without rationalizing them
· Actively listens and responds to associates
· Shares relevant, timely information to help others understand and support business objectives
· Speaks clearly and articulately with individuals and groups
· Delivers constructive feedback with sensitivity to others’ feelings
· Facilitates group discussions
· Prepares and delivers presentations tailored to the audience
· Writes memoranda, letters, etc. that are clear and effective with few, if any, spelling or grammatical errors
- Job type
- Guangzhou, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible