We are seeking an exceptional Sous Chef to join our Michelin-star team at Davies and Brook.
While sharing some influences with Daniel Humm's iconic Eleven Madison Park, the food, interior and feel of Davies and Brook combine to create a Michelin-star restaurant that’s entirely its own with the menu reflecting London’s eclectic cultural scene.
Davies and Brook focuses on warm, inviting and engaging hospitality. Guests of the fine dining restaurant can expect a menu that embraces the heritage of its location with a contemporary sensibility.
Our colleagues possess passion for attention to detail and service style that reflects the elegance and timelessness that has been long established in Claridge’s
- Supervise the preparation of ingredients for and during service working alongside the junior sous chef
- Manage and support a team of commis chefs, demi chef de parties and chef de parties on the section
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the preparation of food
- Support the rest of the kitchen team during service to ensure a smooth operation
- Maintain a positive relationship with the kitchen and front of house team
- Coach and develop the junior members of the team for future succession
- Experience as a sous chef in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Luxury hotel experience would be beneficial
- Passion for food and quality products and ingredients
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Other benefits
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
The glamorous and elegant Claridge's presents sophisticated 5-star luxury in the heart of Mayfair.
Spacious, luxurious, and sumptuously furnished, each room at Claridge’s boasts a luxury marble bathroom and peaceful views of the courtyard. Guests have access to free Wi-Fi via infra-red keyboard from the TV.
The Reading Room serves a contemporary menu in luxury Art Deco surroundings. The stylish, 1930’s themed Fumoir offers unique spirits and ‘30s-inspired cocktails. Claridge’s famous afternoon teas are served in the grand and elegant foyer, with over 50 varieties of tea and delicious, classic pastries.
With its glass columns and juice bar, Claridge’s airy, modern gym is located on the 6th floor, while the luxurious treatment rooms offer relaxing spa and beauty therapies.
Hyde Park is less than a 10-minute walk from Claridge’s, while the famous, bustling shops of Oxford Street and Bond Street are only 3 minutes’ walk away.