Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the housekeeping department.
- Interprets company policies and provides a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and job safety analysis.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all WHG policies and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to the employee conduct policy.
- Interviews applicants. Orients and trains new employees. Conducts ongoing training of all housekeeping employees to increase job knowledge and skill level.
- Coaches and counsels employees to encourage positive behaviors and correct negative behaviors.
- Conducts a monthly department meeting to review new procedures and solicits input from all employees
- Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
- Interprets job specifications to housekeeping staff and assigns duties.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees to solve work-related problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motive employees to achieve work-related goals.
- Meets all labor and budget financial goals.
- Maintains energy management program as relates to housekeeping department.
- Effectively communicates with all departments and management.
- Inputs weekly payroll as required and completes weekly progress reports and reconciles with payroll register.
- Completes weekly housekeeping personnel schedule.
- Inspects all areas of the hotel (rooms, public space, back of the house, grounds, etc.) to ensure sanitation standards are met.
- Assists with periodic inventories and purchasing of supplies within guidelines.
- Communicates on a timely basis the change in room status throughout the day. Coordinates room cleaning to ensure sanitation standards are adhered to. Assists in the cleaning of guest rooms as needed.
- Assists housekeepers in maintaining a clean and orderly housekeeping cart.
- Ensures laundry room procedures and standards are being carried out. Performs in-house laundry procedures as required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Hospitality, Business, or related area
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the assigned job
- Flexibility with scheduling (AM, PM and Mid shifts)
- Minimum of 1 year previous supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to function as a Manager on Duty whenever necessary
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Warrensville Heights, OH, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible