Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://www.portfoliohotels2.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Portfolio Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Team Members are expected to display Portfolio Hotels & Resorts Core Values at all times:
1. Be incredibly friendly & positive
2. Serve & respect others
3. Be smart about our business
4. Enthusiastically reimagine
SUMMARY: The Director of Operations is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and to grow the operational efficiency of the hotel.
The Director of Operations shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals.
- Maintain an upbeat attitude, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Grow the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the hotel.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Build relationships with local tourism organizations, local businesses, and general managers.
- Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations for all areas.
- Administer various human resources processes such as orientation and training, recruitment and selection, recognition and reward programs, safety management, performance evaluations.
- Understand and uphold operational standards and guest satisfaction ratings.
- Understand and uphold all Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' training requirements.
- Serve as Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Analyze budgets, overtime reports, FTE reports, and financial reports.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/team member accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or higher level education in a business related field of study
- Experience handling operations of branded hotels
- Minimum two years of hotel experience
- Familiarization with hospitality industry success measures and strategies for product positioning
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
JOB TITLE: Director of Operations WAGE RANGE:
DEPARTMENT: A&G REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence
- Ability to maximize impact, maintain interest, and establish a rapport with an audience with conveying information
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to write effective business communications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Ability to effectively express oneself and speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with poise and confidence
- Strong creative capabilities, necessary for design of skill-based and awareness-based training programs and instructional materials
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress, and effectively function in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Physical capabilities for lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to move throughout the hotel on a daily basis
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with office work
- Must be able to frequently handle office supplies and equipment to maintain the facility
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Colorado Springs, CO, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible