Housekeeper - Addenbrookes Hospital
About the job
What we'll give:
- £9.65 per hour, 36.25 hours per week
- Working Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
What you'll be doing:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
Caterer & Cleaner (duel role)
Caterer & Cleaner (duel role)
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a housekeeper to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated catering & cleaning team, who deliver outstanding cleaning & catering services for patients and visitors.
As housekeeper you will have the variety of performing both catering and cleaning duties, every day is different, and this is an opportunity which will make a real difference!
More about the role:
Who you are:
- Provide menus, take orders from patients and support with all dietary and allergen queries.
- Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offer a great customer service by always putting the patient first.
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers, infected and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Carry out curtain changes on wards and departments
- Maintain high hospital standards by ensuring all areas are clean, presentable and safe for visitors by following the required policies and procedures.
- Use equipment in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines.
Who we are:
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Cleaner or Caterer before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.