Fully responsible and in charge of preparing a variety of Spanish / tapas food for guests in the outlets of the Hotel. Replace any section chefs during their absence. The Chef de Partie will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
- Check all parts of the kitchen, including pot and dish wash areas for cleanliness, order and correct storage and stock rotation.
- Control adequate mise en place preparation for next day, sauce, stock, fish etc.
- Check and control daily mise en place according to Chef.
- Ensure smooth, prompt and top class service to guests.
- Assist in making food requisitions.
- Report any pending problems.
- Taste and examine food prepared and make necessary adjustments and replenish food when necessary.
- Responsible for minimizing food wastage.
- Ensure all assigned areas are kept clean and any machinery in own section is kept clean, in proper condition and well handled.
- Responsible for planning, researching and preparing new Spanish creative items as well as menu recommendations for future use.
- Responsible of checking the ordering of the daily requisitions in assigned kitchens.
- Attend and comprehend all information discussed at the briefing sessions.
- Be punctual, efficient and above all, courteous. Assume at all times a pleasing and helpful attitude towards our internal guests.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules and related The Conrad Bora Bora Policies.
- Undertake any additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef, supervisor or Hotel Management.
To summarize, it is not the intention of this Job Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all associates are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the primary language (s) used in the work place (English and French)
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Co-ordinate and organize specialty Spanish menu production and food service
- Prepare for menu production and food service
- Cook and serve menu items for food service
- Co-ordinate and complete end of service requirements
- Work co-operatively as part of a kitchen production team
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
Welcome to Conrad Bora Bora Nui, a blissful and luxurious retreat overlooking a world-famous lagoon. Located in a private cove on Motu To'opua, our stunning resort offers bungalows that straddle the water, a soaring backdrop of Mount Otemanu, soft sand beaches, vast views of turquoise sea, limitless skies, and a suite of dining options and resort activities. Guests can look forward to personalized, intuitive service during their stay.
Located on the longest stretch of white sand beach in Bora Bora, this fully renovated resort is a tropical playground with unrestricted sunset views, diverse sea life, daily cultural activities, and access to the resort's private islet, Motu Tapu.