TheDirector of Sales will be responsible for a team/office who manage and grow thehighest value and largest potential Share of Wallet accounts for HiltonWorldwide, across a country, region or vertical market.The role will look after the team to ensure accounts are appropriatelymanaged on a local, national, International & Global basis whererelevant. They will be accountable forthe performance of the team on selected accounts on a local, national andGlobal basis. They will create andcommunicate the account strategies in order to drive increased market share anddemonstrate value to both internal and external customers.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Sales, you are responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. A Director of Sales will work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• To be accountable for the performance of a teamof Account Directors and Senior Account Managers generating sales influencedrevenue for the key accounts they manage
• To do all of the above this they need toproactively manage the team and relationships with customers as well asinternal stakeholders such as VP''s, Hotel and/or Cluster GMs, DBD''s, and HotelManagers
• To create and communicate the account strategiesin order to drive increased and unfair share
• To be responsible for managing and driving keyaccounts in the assigned area
• To be responsible for the implementation andexecution of various projects that will drive unfair share
• To be responsible for developing secondarycities
• Be owner agnostic
Planning Activities 20%
• Develop key account management which increasesHilton''s market power and closer matches the way customers choose to buy.
• Develop the right Account Plans & strategiesfocusing on shifting unfair share.
• Repurpose & direct teams to ensure thatsales resources are mobilized to drive market share from Key Accounts with thehighest potential.
• Ensure that Key Accounts active in the team aremanaged by an appropriate senior sales person.
• Develop powerful personal relationships withdecision makers and influencers within the top producing accounts.
• Ensure that measurement systems are in place& robust to track accurately the production of all targeted accounts.
• On an annual basis identify the key retentionand acquisition accounts for each sales person.
• Actively seek out new sources of business fromexisting accounts / new accounts.
• Set team objectives that are aligned with the business
• Work with the relevant organizations and Associations in this space to ensurethat Hilton Worldwide achieves maximum gain and exposure
Organizing Activities 30%
• Coordinate / organize trade shows, Roadshow, clustersales calls, FAM trip, and customer appreciation events etc.
• Implementsaccount specific marketing initiatives to help drive the business.
• Partner with themarketing team on the appropriate marketing activities to underpin the accountstrategies and deliver increased customer / market share.
• Ensure that performance is reviewed on a regular basis, recognizing and celebratingsuccess, and refocusing effort where targets are missed.
• Ensure that all sales people know who to refer sales leads to at otherHilton Worldwide hotels.
• Implements measurement metrics to ensure effectiveness of teams.
• Plans and directs assignment of tasks ensuring optimum effectiveness anduse of resources.
• Agree and monitor annual sales incentive programs.
• Directsdevelopment and administration of team.
• Providesdirection to team members and establishes work priorities to achieve managementobjectives for those accounts managed by incumbants.
• Executesorganisational directives and encourages achievement of goals throughmotivation, communication and leadership.
• Conductseffective management of third parties, identifies vendors and monitors costsand quality of service.
• Reviews AccountDevelopment Plans on a quarterlybasis, updating records accordingly.
• Ensure thatall sales people in the team are trained and equipped to sell all brandslocally, nationally and globally.
• Ensure thatappropriate skills and product training is available to all sales team membersin conjunction with global Hilton sales training programs.
• Ensures 1:1''s areconducted with the team as appropriate to accomplish goals.
• Spotting salestalent within the team and developing for future increased responsibility.
• Ensuring themovement of sales people around the team and between hotels/functions/regions.
• Being a coach andmentor to the team.
• Driving teamperformance through clearly focusing effort through objectives and targets.
• Ensuring thatperformance is reviewed on a regular basis, recognizing and celebrating successand refocusing efforts where targets are missed.
• Addressingperformance issues in a supportive, timely and decisive manner.
• Ensuring that allpeople in the team are trained and equipped to excel in their roles.
• Ensuring that allsales people have clear and appropriate targets for revenue generated,appointments conducted and accounts retained and acquired.
• Providing salesadvice, guidance and direction to the team, communicating regularly andmonitoring performance in a thorough and timely manner.
• Ensuring the teampresents a cohesive, structure approach to their work and maximizes profitpotential, whilst effectively applying Hilton processes and systems.
• Creating aculture which motivates and encourages team members to perform to the best oftheir ability, minimizing conflict it occurs.
Controlling Activities 15%
• Directs andimplements proper controls and systems to ensure team achievesobjectives.
• Translates goals intoperformance standards for departments and individuals.
• Assesses actualperformance to ensure success and takes corrective actions.
• Ensures business planis followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary.
• Establishes andenforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations.
• Monitors return oninvestment of capital and time resources.
• Works within approvedbudgets and adjusts activites and expenses to ensure optimal financial results.
• Develops and maintains Hilton BestPractice to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account information iskept.
• To ensure information relating tocustomer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to datethrough the use of relevant Hilton procedures
• To provide accurate management reportsto review account performance and communicate future plans.
• Reviews customer base to determine newopportunities for account penetration.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position maybe required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions,with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined bythe supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Support new openings within HiltonWorldwide
• Monitors and maintains aclose, accessible relationship with DBDs and DOSs, General Managers, Senior Stakeholdersof hotels and Hilton Worldwide
• Supports managementof key accounts in the assigned area.
• Attend sales review& communication meeting as and when required.
• Comply with HiltonWorldwide''s company policies
• Additional supportivefunctions as appropriate
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill andAbility
The individual must possess thefollowing knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essentialfunctions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Extensive understanding of localmarket and industry in order to make recommendations on how to achieve thetargets
• Result focused!!Demonstrate ability to drive team to deliver the results and achieve thetargets
• Excellentcommunication skills: presentations, written and public speaking
• Strong in big picturethinking and strategic planning capabilities
• Excellence instrategic planning and execution
• Abilty to directcollaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
• Ability to analysedepartmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
• Leads by example toresolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
• Demonstrates thehighest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitiveinformation
• Ability to takeinitiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achievefunctional goals
• Strong problemsolving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration withothers, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solvingskills in others
• Ability to providedevelopment and mentoring to others
• Budget developmentand management skills
• Ability to workindependently and manage the work of others
• Abiility to deliverperformance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance
• Proven understanding of client''sbusiness and category, including business plans, competitive environment &distribution channels and product financials
• Ability to recommend segmentation and targetingproposals and to assess marketing implications and aggressively manage to ensure profitability
What are we looking for?
A Director of Sales serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Significant hospitality industryexperience preferred in a sales leader role
• University degree atbachelor level or experience in lieu thereof
• Significant workexperience in roles including management and people management experience
• Experience working inmulti-cultural or international settings
• Fluency in spoken andwritten English
o Advanced degreepreferred
o Experience in other commercial functions, e.g. revenue, marketing,e-commerce etc.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Yeoeuido-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible