Stay inspired by joining thenewest and highly anticipated Conrad hotel located in the heart of urban DC asthe Director of Safety & Security!
A Director of Security and Safety is responsible for directing and administering the implementation of all safety and security programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability.
Set to open in early 2019,this stylish and sophisticated property is going to bring a new standard ofluxury to DC with 360 rooms, 32,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 foodand beverage outlets including a restaurant by celebrity Chefs Bryan andMichael Voltaggio. This includes a 3-meal restaurant, rooftop bar, lobbylounge, in-room dining, a private club, and the only luxury hotel in DCwith 100% of its meeting space above street level.
The ideal candidate will be an incredible leaderwith the ability to drive the business forward through innovation and elevatedservice.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Security and Safety, you would be responsible for directing and administering the implementation of all safety and security programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer all Safety and Security operations and functions to include, but not limited to, preserving the safety and security of the guests, team members and the facility, safe work practice promotion, OSHA compliance, safety incentive programs and classes, systems use and management, lost and found, budgeting and forecasting, department management, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Direct and administer the patrol of the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Direct and lead investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities
- Direct response to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Serve as primary liaison with federal, state and local law enforcement
- Oversee the administration and accuracy of all required reports and documentation
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Washington, DC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible