Conrad Washington, DC is seeking a Pastry Sous Chef. In this role, you will oversee the pastry department and the kitchen team.
Set to open in early 2019, this stylish and sophisticated property is going to bring a new standard of luxury to DC with 360 rooms, 32,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets.
What will I be doing?
- Create / prepare / produce / bake pastries and desserts according to standard recipes for the restaurant.
- Decorate pastries / cakes with creativity and skill.
- Maintain adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensure the proper storage.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Train, supervise, schedule and assist in evaluating staff.
- Assist with the overall kitchen team
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Washington, DC, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible