DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- May be called upon to replace the Chef de Cuisine/ Sous Chef when absent.
- Help with the breakfast/ lunch/ dinner MEP as per outlet requirements
- Check the clearing of MEP and store all left over in the refrigerator (FIFO system).
- Liaise with the butcher on the amount of meat required for the day
- Check the fridge and thereafter informs the Chef and the requisition for the day
- Verify if the food from the previous ‘set up’ can still be used by tasting them if necessary
- Keep your working place tidy, clean and sanitized.
- Ensures optimization of products and preparations produced in his section.
- May be asked to assist Chef de Cuisine/ Sous Chef in the elaboration/ production of recipes and costing for all dishes and preparations served in the outlet, and ensure that they are accurate and updated.
- Ensures that wastage and spoilage is controlled in the section. Immediately reports any non-conformance to Chef de Cuisine/ Sous Chef
- After cooking each dish, working area must be kept clean.
- Cover all dishes and unused MEP with foil or film paper before entering the cold room to avoid bacteria and ensures proper labelling is done with production date as per HACCP.
- Help the Chef when asked to do so.
- Supervise and train all kitchen staff in their daily duties.
- Ensures that hotel discipline standards are adhered to at all time by section team members.
- Ensures that section is covered with sufficient staffing at all necessary time.
- Ensures that all section team members follow kitchen P&Ps and SOPs and respect hotel procedures.
- At the end of shift ensure the equipment used is cleaned and in good working condition and also that the Kitchen is generally clean and reports any malfunction to the Chef’s office before departing.
- Help other cook in any other outlet when asked to do so.
- Delegates responsibilities to staff and ensures tasks are completed.
- Ensure completion of MEP before service.
- Assists in the preparation and/or prepare food items as per order given by Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine or any of their representatives to fulfil guest request.
- Produce dishes as per recipes, photos and set standards as per fiche technique.
- Ensures that all food production processes respects at all times the hygiene standards in force in the resort
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report and/or rectify safety hazards.
- Participate in trainings as and when required by management
- Maintain grooming as per standards at all times
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry on a similar position
- Experience working in top of the range large luxury resorts of over 180 rooms with refined services for the discerning and demanding traveler.
- A previous international exposure will be an advantage
- SC holder OR equivalent
- National Trade Certificate Level 3
- Fluent in English and French, both verbal and written
- Any additional language (German, Chinese, etc.) will be an advantage.
- Job type
- Belle Mare, Quatre Cocos, Mauritius
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
The beach is perfectly protected by an offshore coral reef, making it suitable for all water sports activities.
Guests have access to other facilities like the gym, U Spa featuring Ymalia, tennis courts, kids’ club and a range of boutiques.
Its seven restaurants and six bars have contributed to the fame of Constance Hotels and Resorts’s culinary spirit.
With its two 18-hole golf courses, Constance Belle Mare Plage launched the first PGA-approved golf tournament in Mauritius and is the proud golf pioneer on the island.