DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- Liaise with the butcher on the amount of meat required for the day
- Check the fridge and thereafter informs the Chef and the requisition for the day
- Verify if the food from the previous ‘set up’ can still be used by tasting them if necessary
- Avoids wastage at all time
- Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation are maintained at its highest level at all times.
- Ensures that all mise-en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
- Supervises the work of the Commis placed under his responsibility
- Participates in the service of any special functions or events organized by the resort.
- Performs any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
- Ensures that all tasks assigned by superiors are completed, in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- Ensures kitchen, fridges and back areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed with consistency in the section
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Participate in trainings as and when required by Management
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the hospitality industry on a similar position
- Experience working in top of the range large luxury resorts of over 180 rooms with refined services for the discerning and demanding traveler.
- A previous international exposure will be an advantage
- SC holder OR equivalent
- National Trade Certificate Level 3
- Fluent in English and French, both verbal and written
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Belle Mare, Quatre Cocos, Mauritius
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
The beach is perfectly protected by an offshore coral reef, making it suitable for all water sports activities.
Guests have access to other facilities like the gym, U Spa featuring Ymalia, tennis courts, kids’ club and a range of boutiques.
Its seven restaurants and six bars have contributed to the fame of Constance Hotels and Resorts’s culinary spirit.
With its two 18-hole golf courses, Constance Belle Mare Plage launched the first PGA-approved golf tournament in Mauritius and is the proud golf pioneer on the island.