[Position also opened to Expatriates]
To assist the Executive Chef in ensuring that kitchen and stewarding team are performing as per objectives and that high quality food is produced in our Kitchen.
The key responsibilities of the Culinary Executive Sous Chef are as follows:
- Producing high quality food at Michelin star level.
- Planning and costing of all menus for different outlets.
- Ensuring great food is served in all the outlets, and guest satisfaction levels are reached and enhanced.
- Managing the purchasing, receiving, storing and controlling of all food products used in the resort. Working in close collaboration with Main Store and Purchasing departments.
- Managing and controlling the food cost on a daily basis.
- Organizing and supervising the training of all kitchen team.
- Maintaining strict standards of food hygiene, based on ISO 22000 principles.
- Replacing the Executive Chef when off duty and acting as same when Executive Chef is on leave.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff to a high degree of proficiency.
- Assisting in HR and Staff Welfare activities as and when required.
- Fully computer literate with mail and office suite proficiency.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Secondary education up to "A" Levels or equivalent
- Higher National Diploma in Culinary Management from a reputable institution or equivalent
- Justifiable experience in 5 stars luxury hotels (LHW would be a plus)
- International exposure
- Track record of managing large teams, motivating and training them.
- Excellent track record in the culinary field with Michelin restaurants.
- Strong leadership and HR management skills
- Innovative, resourceful and agile
- Flexible and hard worker
- Excellent kitchen management and administration skills
- Strong Team Player
- Fluent in English and French, both spoken and written
- A third language will be an advantage
Contract of 2 years (renewable)
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Belle Mare, Quatre Cocos, Mauritius
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
The beach is perfectly protected by an offshore coral reef, making it suitable for all water sports activities.
Guests have access to other facilities like the gym, U Spa featuring Ymalia, tennis courts, kids’ club and a range of boutiques.
Its seven restaurants and six bars have contributed to the fame of Constance Hotels and Resorts’s culinary spirit.
With its two 18-hole golf courses, Constance Belle Mare Plage launched the first PGA-approved golf tournament in Mauritius and is the proud golf pioneer on the island.