DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- You are responsible for a clean and proper mise en place.
- To send the silverware for polishing to the stewarding department as assigned by superiors.
- Carry food and beverages from kitchen / bar to service area professionally.
- Serve guests according to set standard and procedures.
- Collect soiled dishes from the tables and service stations and to dispatch to dish washing area.
- Assists Chef de Rang in their tasks
- Maintain cleanliness in the Restaurant, service station and back area.
- Set up display/buffet counter with plates/ name tags / cutleries for different services.
- Complete mise en place before the service starts (without a good mise en place, you cannot provide a perfect service!!)
- You are assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Pick up requisition from storeroom as assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Assist hostess in greeting and seating the guests.
- You have to know your menu by heart as well as chef’s specials, buffet items and beverage list.
- Answer to guests queries and to refer any complain / suggestion to Outlet Manager or his Assistants.
- Never go from Restaurant to kitchen with an empty tray and vice versa.
- Take Guests order and process same on Micros
- Ensure table is cleared once guests have finished their meal, raise bill on Micros and present to Guest.
- Proceed to Front Office for cash billing, collect receipt and handover to Supervisor/ manager in charge who will process billing and settlement on Micros.
- For card payment, to direct same through the Supervisor/ Manager in charge.
- Before bidding farewell, ensure that guest has correctly signed their bill and settle accordingly.
- Maintain grooming as per standard at all times
- To participate in training courses as provided by management
- Promote Energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the Green Globe Policy
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are resected at all times.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the hospitality industry on a similar position
- Experience working in top of the range large luxury resorts of over 180 rooms with refined services for the discerning and demanding traveler.
- A previous international exposure will be an advantage
- Form 4 OR equivalent
- National Trade Certificate Level 3
- Fluent in English and French, both verbal and written
- Any additional language (German, Chinese, etc) will be an advantage.
- Job type
- Belle Mare, Quatre Cocos, Mauritius
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
The beach is perfectly protected by an offshore coral reef, making it suitable for all water sports activities.
Guests have access to other facilities like the gym, U Spa featuring Ymalia, tennis courts, kids’ club and a range of boutiques.
Its seven restaurants and six bars have contributed to the fame of Constance Hotels and Resorts’s culinary spirit.
With its two 18-hole golf courses, Constance Belle Mare Plage launched the first PGA-approved golf tournament in Mauritius and is the proud golf pioneer on the island.