The Human Resources Director and Coach holds a position of strategic importance within the organisation. He/She has the overall responsibility of the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR function.
He/She advises the Management of the hotel - GM and HODs in all HR matters.
He/She is responsible for the continuous coaching, training and development of the HR Manager and Team Members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities.
- Ensure overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department
- Overall management of recruitment and selection procedures more specifically recruitment of Executives and Managers
- Guide and support management with application of discipline according to company policies and procedures and local legal provisions
- Develop and recommend appropriate HR policies and procedures
- Review existing standard operating procedures and key HR processes for the HR function whenever required.
- Administer the salary & benefits table
- Preparation and monitoring of annual HR budgets
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual business plan for the HR Dept.
- Act as Balanced Scorecard ‘Champion’ for the whole resort by training new Executives/HODs on BSC concept and coordinating quarterly performance reviews together with the GM.
- Ensure strict adherence to HR policies and procedures and SOPs at all times
- Advise management staff on Employment law and industrial relations
- Guide and assist management and HODs in managing employee training and development to meet their abilities and aspiration in conjunction with the training manager.
- Oversee the management of G.O.P application, payments follow-up renewal.
- Ensure promotion of Health & Safety of all employees
- Ensure control of staffing within established manning levels.
- Apply control of payroll and payroll related costs within the budgeted limits.
- Report regularly to management on HR issues that necessitate attention.
- Liaise with the Group HRM and/or Group HR Administrator to keep them apprised of HR issues encountered as well as to obtain required approval to pursue in HR matters
- Represent Company in various forums and instances - Ministry of Employment, Immigration services, Ministry of Tourism, Tourism Academy, etc.
- Hold weekly meetings with HODs to identify & suggest solutions to HR issues that may arise.
- Conduct regular training needs analysis and coordinate training initiatives with CHTC and respective Executives/HODs.
- Participate in the coaching and counselling of the HR Manager and team Members
- Ensure follow-up on grievances lodged.
- Perform relevant duties as assigned by Management.
- At least 10 years of proven generalist HR experience including the ability to work at both operational and strategic level
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- A previous HRM position held successfully in a top of the range luxury resorts in a remote location / island would be an advantage
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practices
- Previous experience in industrial relations management
- Capacity to anticipate future needs and identify opportunities to learn new things for current and future needs in the department
- Facility to think laterally to identify and develop creative solutions
- Used to take action to improve standards of excellence
- Ability to manage the stress effectively
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Mahé, Seychelles
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Ephelia Resort
Each of the five restaurants has its own culinary concept. Guests can also enjoy drinks and cocktails while cooling off at indoor and poolside bars.
Constance Éphélia Seychelles has developed its services in banqueting and event organisation. The hotel also proposes various land and water facilities. After joying thrilling sports activities like wall climbing and canoeing, guest will relax at the spa village of 5000m2, offering prestigious Shiseido treatments.