The Regional Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing the purchasing operations, to effectively and proactively plan, coordinate, and control execution of the purchasing activities for our 2 hotels and resorts in Seychelles. He/she will be based in Seychelles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At the Management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Develop high level purchasing strategy and desired outcomes and KPI’s for purchasing transformation.
- Determine target structure complete with roles and responsibilities for the centralised function within purchasing. Identify purchasing functionality requirements and liaise with IT to develop a functionality rollout plan / schedule.
- Determine target purchasing structure for each property based on the number of stores and complexity of ordering at the property. Review past purchasing concentrations to determine focus areas using the 80/20 rule.
- Identify opportunities for price negotiation for both properties and analysis of logistics.
- Identify skill gaps at each property based on existing competencies and new roles and responsibilities. Identify purchasing concentration targets (ideal number of skus per property and targeted savings)
- Analyse historical purchases to identify redundant SKUs. ( stock keeping unit)
- Meet with HODs to discuss the redundant SKUs identified and whether consolidation is possible.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred with specialisation in Purchasing from a reputable institution or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ purchasing experience within Hospitality environment at Group/ Corporate level or at “multi-hotels” level.
- Experience working in top of the range luxury island resorts will constitute a definite advantage.
- High degree of focus on Quality.
- Operations driven.
- Total Team player.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Sound financial awareness
- Job type
- Mahé, Seychelles
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Constance Ephelia Resort
Each of the five restaurants has its own culinary concept. Guests can also enjoy drinks and cocktails while cooling off at indoor and poolside bars.
Constance Éphélia Seychelles has developed its services in banqueting and event organisation. The hotel also proposes various land and water facilities. After joying thrilling sports activities like wall climbing and canoeing, guest will relax at the spa village of 5000m2, offering prestigious Shiseido treatments.