- Performs general administrative and supervisory duties necessary to achieve an effective and profitable operation and maintains effective employee relations.
- Identifies and highlights problems which may arise in operational department areas immediately to the General Manager.
- Holds regular meetings with immediate subordinates to disseminate information and to resolve work issues.
- Attends to guest complaints that require his personal attention or that has been referred to him as an avenue of last resort.
- Handles all correspondences that are directed to him and disposes of such correspondences/mail as expeditiously as possible.
- In the absence of the General Manager, handles and disposes of his mail as expeditiously as possible.
- Develops plans and programs for the departments directly under his responsibility as assigned by the General Manager and assigns/delegates tasks to the appropriate executives who report to him in the fulfillment of such plans/ programs.
- On a regular and periodic basis, inspects and conducts audits of his immediate subordinates’ performance to ensure that all departments are contributing to the general efficiency and profitability of the Hotel.
- Inspects the entire hotel facilities daily to ensure good housekeeping, general cleanliness and proper maintenance, hygienic and wholesome condition for the comfort of the hotel guests and visitors as well as the employees.
- Develops, recommends and advises the General Manager on goals, objectives and policies related to the Hotel operations and enforces all Hotel policies.
- Reviews existing Hotel Policies in the light of recommendations made by his immediate subordinates and rejects/amends/supports such recommendations to the General Manager.
- Together with the General Manager, oversees the preparation and production of annual budgets, marketing and strategic plans, objectives and goals and guides/directs such final draft of these budgets. Reviews all financial statements/reports with cost/financial ratios periodically with the General Manager.
- On a constant basis, monitors the expenses of the Hotel and scrutinize capital expenditure purchases and ensures that pre-established budgets are not exceeded.
- Continuously works to improve the efficiency of the hotel by optimizing productivity with the lowest possible cost. Studies/ examines operations and administers cost reduction exercises throughout the operating divisions and departments.
- Keeps up to date with innovative and best practices in the hotel industry and shares with the General Manager worthwhile recommendations.
- Ensures emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Sets the highest possible ethical standards in business conduct and relations with all.
- Interprets the Hotel and Corporate standards, policies and procedures to his immediate subordinates and ensures strict compliance by all concerned.
- Interviews and recommends selection of all employees and managerial staffs that are required for the effective operation of the departments directly under his responsibility.
- Evaluates the performance of his immediate subordinates and completes such Performance Appraisal Reports in accordance with the established Human Resource Policies.
- Recommends promotions, transfers and salary reviews of Managerial staff to the General Manager through the Director of Human Resources and interviews/discusses sensitive issues of transfer and salary to his immediate subordinates.
- Develops and maintains good employees relation through intelligent interpretation and conscientious application of Hotel policies.
- Trains, guides and develops immediate subordinates into greater heights of efficiency.
- Counsels/disciplines all operating managerial staff.
- Maintains a network of information by cultivating good relationships with Senior Executives from other hotels, business houses, travel industry representatives etc.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in the property and amongst the company representatives, local community, government officials, travel industry and other similar designations.
- Prepares and ensures that all reports and communication target dates with the Management Company and Owners are met and within the prescribed standards.
- Reads all reports submitted by his immediate subordinates and other Heads of Departments and addresses important work issues/recommendations to the General Manager. Investigates any complaints/variances, which are reported.
- Develops and maintains a priority reporting list of important events which occurred during the General Manager’s absence from the Hotel. Such lists would include action already taken, reason and proposed recommendations for consideration and approval.
- Organizes, monitors and controls the activities of immediate subordinates and immediately corrects any deviation from the accepted norm.
- During the absence of the General Manager, the Resident Manager may be required to stand in as Acting General Manager.
- Together with the General Manager, he is responsible for achieving the given budget targets and if possible surpassing them.
- The Resident Manager functions, operates and works within the broad administrative and general business guidelines established by the Hotel and has immediate authority and influence over the allocated resources and supporting staff of the Hotel to achieve the established objectives of the Hotel.
- Exercises immediate authority, influence and control over the overall hotel’s budget, plans and manpower recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the revenue figures for departments directly under his responsibility are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that operating expenses are kept within budget.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10 years’ experience in Luxury Hotel Operations & and a minimum of 3 years as Resident Manager and 1 previous RM position held successfully, with a least 1 previous hotel opening experience.
- Experience working in top of the range luxury resorts and managing large luxury resorts of over 250 rooms, with refined catering for the discerning and demanding traveler.
- Experience working in remote island locations in a managerial position and good understanding of challenges in terms of supply & logistics.
- Language: Fluent in English & French
- Knowledge of a third language will be an advantage.
- Other skills:
- Complete understanding of luxury clientele habits, needs and expectations
- Strong customer and interpersonal relations skills
- Complete knowledge and practice of the operations of Top Luxury Resorts
- Ability to read, interpret and process accounting and financial information.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Capable of managing a culturally diverse team
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Management, Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Ephelia Resort
Each of the five restaurants has its own culinary concept. Guests can also enjoy drinks and cocktails while cooling off at indoor and poolside bars.
Constance Éphélia Seychelles has developed its services in banqueting and event organisation. The hotel also proposes various land and water facilities. After joying thrilling sports activities like wall climbing and canoeing, guest will relax at the spa village of 5000m2, offering prestigious Shiseido treatments.