The main purpose of this position is to provide sound financial advice to the General Manager and other senior management colleagues and effective financial management services to the organisation.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing the accounting functions of all units falling under his responsibility, managing cash position and investments, and ensuring that the books and records are accurate and in compliance with prevailing regulations in respect to accounting and financial reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate the accounting functions of the company falling within his jurisdiction.
- Perform budget management functions including budgeting, budget performance monitoring and reporting.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operational performance of units falling within his jurisdiction.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance departments.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual reports of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with statutory local and international financial reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop pluri-annual business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues.
- Oversee financial management of external operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Prepare reports and schedules to assist external auditors with tax filings and annual financial statement certifications.
- Improve shareholder equity without sacrificing performance quality.
- Maintain a proactive and due diligence approach to protect the financial assets of the company.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Hold a University degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent
- At least 15 years’ experience in the hotel industry and successful 5 years as Financial management
- Experience working in top of the range luxury resorts and managing large luxury resorts
- Experience working in remote island locations in a managerial position and good understanding of challenges in terms of training, supply & logistics.
- Strong communicator, positive leader, excellent organizer with hands on approach
- Strong customer and interpersonal relations skill
- Very Guest and quality oriented
- Complete knowledge and practice of the operations of Luxury Resorts
- Strong managerial skill
- Strong training and coaching skills
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Lémuria Seychelles
Its four restaurants offer exceptional dishes prepared by a brigade of Chefs, positioning Constance Lémuria Seychelles as a reference of culinary excellence in the Seychelles.
Among the various amenities available is the U Spa featuring Valmont. The hotel also has the unique 18-hole championship golf course of Seychelles.
Constance Lémuria Seychelles is an eco-friendly hotel, with its famous turtle preservation programme illustrating this commitment.