The Front Office Supervisor assists the Front Office Manager in providing leadership, direction, supervision and motivation to Front Desk, Concierge, Operator, and Reservation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described:
- To ensure all customers requests are handled quickly and effectively.
- To assist and handle checking-in and checking-out of all Hotel guests in a timely and courteous manner.
- To ensure all guest telephone calls and messages are handled quickly and effectively. All guests’ messages are presented in accordance with the hotel standard.
- To activate a quick response to a guest problem, and then follow up to ensure the guest is satisfied with the end result.
- To come forward with creative ideas and initiative to enhance customer experience.
- To ensure that all accounting and legal procedures are carried out in accordance with the hotel policy.
- To ensure that all Front Office stationary and stock is available and re-ordered on time.
- To perform the room allocation on the system by correctly using all information provided by the reservation dossier.
- Correctly monitor and action the Night Audit Report on a daily basis.
- To ensure information listed on the Daily Event are correct and reliable.
- To continually identifying training requirements within the departments and address these requirements immediately.
- To create a smooth and efficient environment for all employees to enable them to execute their job to the highest standard.
- To and at all time set an example within the departments regarding attitude, professionalism and body language.
- To be aware of the owning company and its operation policies and apply these policies at all times.
- Ability to allocate work and provide supervision to staff.
- To be prudent and financially responsible with company funds. When necessary ensure that budget guidelines are met and company financial policies adhered to.
- To be aware of the cost implication of any decisions within the work place.
- To up sell wherever possible to ensure a maximum room rate is achieved.
- To be actively involved with the recycling of paper materials within the work place.
- To comply with all company and local laws regarding, Fire, Health and safety procedure. To participate in any training sessions of the aforementioned.
- To report and follow up any defects with equipment within the work environment.
- To constantly review and update on new company policies issued by way of letter, fax and email or display boards.
- Due to the nature of our business, you must understand and appreciate that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- Be a passionate, talented, and creative, possess a dynamic personality and be highly motivated
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Assistant Front Office Manager in a 5 Star environment
- Diploma Level
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Be fluent in speaking and written English and French. Any additional language will be an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude
- Job type
- Flacq District, Mauritius
- Front Office concierge
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Prince Maurice
Constance Le Prince Maurice is considered as one of the best luxury hotels in the Indian Ocean.
Sheltered in 60 hectares of completely unspoilt land on the north-eastern coast of Mauritius, the hotel offers high quality facilities: the kids club, the U Spa by Sisley, sports activities and free access to the two golf courses of Constance Belle Mare Plage.
Among its culinary exclusiveness, Le Barachois is the unique floating restaurant located in a cosy atmosphere amongst the natural fish reserve. The 175m2 wine cellar contributed to Constance Le Prince Maurice’s fame, with exclusive wines and a capacity of 25,000 bottles from around the world.