The Receptionist is responsible to provide fast, efficient, courteous service at all times to guests. He/She makes sure that the daily duties of the reception are carried out and deals with all guests’ queries by providing accurate information and proper follow up. He/She is fully responsible for the Reception float and performs currency exchange and payment of invoices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At Managment discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described
- Welcome all guests upon arrival according to the Constance Prince Maurice standards.
- Respond to guest complaints in a professional manner at all times and record all relevant information.
- Ensure that procedures for rooming are being adhered to.
- Ensure all special requests on the arrival list are being actioned and followed up.
- Verify that all registration cards and keys have been prepared for the day.
- Update any information from the guest registration card onto Opera.
- Liaise with the Concierge desk for the delivery and collection of luggage.
- Follow up with the concerned airlines and agencies in case of any guest’s lost luggage.
- Ensure that upon arrival, information on guest’s voucher matches the one in our reservation system. If incorrect or wrong, ensure proper action is taken.
- Reconfirm airline ticket for all direct guests and follow up on any query from agencies’ guests.
- Prepare the registration card for the next day.
- Verify/print/attach with departure letter the bill for the next day departure.
- Sorting and filing of guests’ bills from the outlets.
- Clearing out the dockets of the check out guests.
- Prepare and update the departure control sheet for the next
- Promote the upselling of hotel products and services.
- To communicate with all guest and employees in a professional and courteous manner at all time.
- Perform any reasonable task requested by the reception supervisor.
- Ensure the Front Desk and back offices are being kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Adhere to the grooming policy, code of conduct and any other policy related to the department and the hotel.
- Participate in training as and when requested by Management.
- Be a passionate, talented, and creative, possess a dynamic personality and be highly motivated
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a 5 Star Environment
- Must have NC 3 in Front Office
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Be fluent in speaking and written English and French. Any additional language will be an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Flacq District, Mauritius
- Front Office concierge
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Constance Prince Maurice
Constance Le Prince Maurice is considered as one of the best luxury hotels in the Indian Ocean.
Sheltered in 60 hectares of completely unspoilt land on the north-eastern coast of Mauritius, the hotel offers high quality facilities: the kids club, the U Spa by Sisley, sports activities and free access to the two golf courses of Constance Belle Mare Plage.
Among its culinary exclusiveness, Le Barachois is the unique floating restaurant located in a cosy atmosphere amongst the natural fish reserve. The 175m2 wine cellar contributed to Constance Le Prince Maurice’s fame, with exclusive wines and a capacity of 25,000 bottles from around the world.