Performs telephone operator functions of answering phone calls and properly directs callers to the appropriate person or group. May conduct general research in order to provide effective customer service. Processes requests for teleconferencing services. Follows procedures and guidelines to complete assignments.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience as an operator, receptionist or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 years’ experience as an operator, receptionist or related professional area.
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Listening and customer service skills.
- Answers headquarter main telephone lines, provides callers with standard responses to frequently asked questions or requests, directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages.
- Provides first point of contact for callers to headquarters, helps with problem resolution and appropriately escalates caller concerns or problems.
- Produces correspondence or documents for maintaining up-to-date contact information for associates and departments. Process includes editing for grammar, punctuation and format.
- Processes data through an automated administrative system. This may include processing items such as teleconferencing requests or voice mail password resets. Performing these responsibilities requires following prescribed procedures and guidelines with little or no follow-up or research required.
- Researches general questions and problems regarding caller inquiries for information or services. The research typically requires obtaining data from a single source.
- The majority of the work is routine in nature and does not require a high level of supervision. Work on new or unique assignments is reviewed throughout all levels of completion.
- The workload is fairly predictable and requires limited prioritization. The supervisor outlines the priorities and procedures for completing new or unique assignments. The incumbent may prioritize their own daily recurring responsibilities.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions
- and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues
- impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources,
- meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely,
- professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and
- professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible