Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : ARRON.BROOKS@MARRIOTT.COM
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Harrell Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Purpose for the Position: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Harrell Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Sales Manager position is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales revenue goals. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and Management Company.
Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Understand and use industry reports like Star Reports, etc. Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers. Research each customer's business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Research and identify new business opportunities for the hotel including reaching out to event planners and staying abreast of local events.
- Understand the nature of competitive market, to research and compile intelligence on selected markets and accounts so as to understand the buying behavior of clients and customers and the criteria for hotel selection
- Builds the departments top line revenue by adhering to sales strategy guidelines set forth by the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Conduct a successful, aggressive process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, prospecting calls
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation (prospecting), outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections
- Respond to incoming inquiries in a timely fashion, create hotel proposals and contracts
- Participate and attend trade shows, community events, industry meetings and networking opportunities.
- Clearly outline clients room block requirements, suite requirements, and meeting and banquet space requirement so that the accurate facilities may be reserved.
- Obtain, document and route all necessary information on definite groups including billing information, credit application, rooming list and VIP arrangements
Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills. Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers. Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits. Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure. Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work. Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete and clear.
- Maintain a positive, productive, professional attitude and appearance in dealing with all other departments in the hotel.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Pflugerville, TX, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration