High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.OR
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
Strives to improve service performance.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Cleaning Materials, Equipment, and Techniques - Knowledge of use, handling, storage, and disposal of cleaning chemicals and equipment (including Material Safety Data Sheet requirements), and use of personal protective equipment.
- Housekeeping Tracking and Inventory - Knowledge of inventory and purchasing policies, procedures, and best practices. This includes the ability to track and maintain inventory, order and track receivables and payments, set up and maintain inventory systems or logs, and basic cart care.
- General Housekeeping - Knowledge of procedures, policies and techniques for cleaning all public areas, trash handling and removal, room item replenishment and placement, treatment of room damage and stain removal, use of cleaning supplies, floor care and maintenance, general housekeeping codes, cart care, spa linen, uniform control, inventory management, room status change systems and opening and closing of the house. Ability to use general housekeeping codes to indicate room readiness.
- EIWO (Everything In Working Order) - The ability to inspect and identify guest room components (e.g., light bulbs, remote control, air conditioning units, toilets, appliances, vacuums) for functional deficiencies. This includes reporting procedures.
- General Laundry - Knowledge of proper processing of various types of textiles, fabrics and colors, including techniques stain removal, dry cleaning, washing and drying of terry, F&B linens, and bed sheets. Linen quality control, to include discards, ragging, etc.
- Environmental Sustainability – Knowledge of products and procedures that reduce, recycle or reuse natural resources such as bed linen and towel re-use programs.
- Security/Loss Prevention - Knowledge of the procedures and techniques for property surveillance, property locks and keys, emergency situations, and legally defensible incident, accident, and injury investigations.
- Public Safety - Knowledge of processes and procedures to ensure public health and safety in regards to Norovirus and Bloodborne pathogens and pest elimination (i.e. bed bugs, ants, etc.).
- Preventative Maintenance - Knowledge of general cleaning programs and policies to extend the life of materials and areas. For example, knowledge of carpet, tile, and floor care including daily cleaning, heavy extraction, and interim cleaning.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: Courtyard Calgary Airport takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
- Job type
- Calgary, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible