With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you'll ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at Courtyard by Marriott.
To assist the Executive Chief Steward & the Exec. Chef in the running of the Stewarding Department. Ensure that the standard of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout all designated areas.
- To be responsible for all utility people during daily operations of their duties.
- To ensure that any supplies of china, glassware, and silver etc are transported daily to operational areas.
- To ensure that all floors, surfaces, access points are kept free from rubbish, water and other obstacles etc, in order to prevent potential accidents.
- To arrange casual staff when necessary and to ensure they are supervised as required.
- To set up and supervise special cleaning projects.
- To control and inventoried store all dishwashing, cleaning paper supplies, china, silver, glass in any store areas required.
- Report to maintenance all equipment malfunctions, or maintenance faults, using work orders and up date department heads as needed.
- To carry out weekly inspection of all areas in conjunction with the Executive chef to take corrective action resulting thereof.
- To roster staff and adjust schedule according to business requirements>
- To complete time sheets, according to LSOP and give to paymaster before due date with correct authorisation.
- To assist Chief Steward & Executive chef in any training need.
- To carry out instruction from Executive chef regarding any special or abnormal cleaning arrangements.
To be aware of and to comply with the hotel policies in relation to fire, health and safety, hygiene or any other requirements
- Be aware of accident prevention and help enforce safe working conditions. Zero accidents are our goal.
- To assist Executive chef in all designated areas when required or in the absence of other members of associates.
- Any violation of the above will be subject to disciplinary action.
- To carry out any other reasonable duty that may be requested by the chief steward, his deputies or other management.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Ensure that all associate notice boards are up to date and accurate and that all necessary information is displayed.
- Complies with Marriott International and policies and procedures and local Hotel SOPs.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kuwait City, Kuwait
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible