Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group is seeking an experienced Sales Manager in the Los Angeles Airport market for two new Marriott hotels opening in Summer of 2018. This position for the Courtyard and TownePlace Suites by Marriott LAX Hawthorne is a great addition to the LAX market with over 350 rooms all together.
- Conduct outside sales calls, qualifying clients and meeting needs. The primary focus is proactively selling multiple properties.
- Establish and maintain close contact with top accounts, and target accounts, through appointments, phone calls, tours, correspondence, and business lunches.
- Qualify leads and prospects gained from cold calls, sales blitzes, and other sources.
- Work closely with all hotel departments by communicating and coordinating all sales information.
- Create and execute quarterly action plans (SMART) and bonus goals.
- Attend and participate in weekly Sales Meetings as well as training seminars and other meetings as requested by management.
- Develop and maintain rapport with competitor hotels, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce.
- Participate in community activities, employee functions, and guest events.
- Attend company meetings as requested by General Manager and/or Director of Sales.
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g., group, catering, transient)
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all relative brands, cultures, and strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements; develop operating budgets, forecasting, and capital expenditure planning
- Effective decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect the department
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Hawthorne, CA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible