Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at : http://www.besthotelcareers.com/find_a_career/pyramid_hotel_group/ny/courtyard_new_york_downtown_manhattan_and_world_trade_center_area/hotel_operations/operations_manager
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pyramid Advisors, LLC . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
The Operations Manager performs the Managerial duties for the entire Guest Services department, including front desk, food and beverage, bell staff, and others.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Serve all hotel guests in providing then with the services of this department, manage and supervise the designated staff to provide those services.
- Provide excellent service to all guests, striving to exceed their expectations to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains knowledge of and exercises all aspects of valet parking, bell services and hotel operations including but not limited to groups resume, arrivals and departures, VIPs, catering functions etc.
- Maintains knowledge of surrounding area, especially tourist attractions, and area events.
- Develops staff through training and example.
- Ensures proper scheduling for areas of operation according to business for all shifts.
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings and Monthly staff meetings.
- Monitors team members performance with guests (hospitality skills).
- Reviews and follows up on security reports regarding valet parking incidents.
- conducts periodic checks of garages and parking lots.
- Performs employee interviews for new hires.
- Maintains supervision of valet ramp and manage ramp on busy banquets events.
- Maintains and orders supplies, uniforms and equipment for the department.
- Organizes VIP parking for special events, catering functions and high profile vehicles.
- Has knowledge and control of daily labor and cost reports
A "Can Do" attitude with a passion for creating great experiences for our guest's and ambassadors.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- New York, NY, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible