Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://www.hollanderhospitality.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hollander Investments. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Hollander Hospitality is seeking a Bistro Cook for our Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Tacoma, WA. The Bistro Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
Hollander Hospitality looks for people who excel in their role and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests. Proven through multiple awards from our partnering brands for outstanding guest service and meetings excellence, we deliver the best to our guests by creating a sense of belonging, empowerment and support to our team members, coupled with their dedication, innovative spirit, and raw talent.
STATUS: Full Time
SCHEDULE: Hours may vary, must be available mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
RATE OF PAY: DOE
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Hotel Travel Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
For eligible employees:
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Meals
- Food and beverage products, preparation and handling techniques.
- Health codes, food sanitation and safety practices.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Skills and Ability to:
- Acknowledges, understands and abides by company programs, policies, procedures, and brand standards.
- Work independently and manage one's time to meet productivity requirements
- Meet quality standards for service and maintains a neat and clean work station at all times.
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing in the English language to convey information effectively.
- Maintain calm demeanor under pressure and during to constantly changing situations.
- Wear appropriate uniform and name badge and maintain personal cleanliness as prescribed by Company policy.
- Establish and maintain effective professional, courteous, constructive relationships with guests, staff and management team.
Education and Experience
- Two years progressively responsible culinary experience; previous hotel background and supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Tacoma, WA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible