- To supervise and develop the hotel’s gardening team, maximizing guest enjoyment by maintaining excellent and consistent standards of presentation of the gardens.
- To support the Head of Gardens with the running of the day-to-day operations of the Gardens.
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance of the Hotel gardens, the Polo centre and staff accommodation in line with seasonal schedules
- Use of garden machinery as necessary including mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers and other machinery
- Seasonal day-to-day maintenance of the hotel gardens including a terraced area, rose garden, sunken garden, cottage garden, croquet lawn, lake, woodland, lawns and wild flower meadow
- Maintenance of the Polo centre and staff accommodation
- Coordinating of daily, weekly, monthly schedules
- Ensure maintenance procedures and safety checks are in place and followed
- Ensure all garden equipment is stored safely and is in good working order
- Assist Head of Gardens with ordering and purchasing
- Assist Head of Gardens in leading and inspiring team members to build a high performing team ensuring that all work is carried out according to hotel and departmental standards
- Train & coach team members
- Manage work load & resource distribution according to schedules agreed with Head of Gardens
- Identify training needs, design & track training for department
- Attend hotel meetings as required
- Job type
- Ascot, United Kingdom
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Coworth Park is a 70-room luxury country house hotel and spa set in 240 acres of picturesque Berkshire parkland just 45 minutes from central London and 20 minutes from Heathrow airport. Its location, unrivalled in the UK for the ease and convenience of its transport links, is also enhanced by its own helipad. The estate includes an eco-luxury Spa with indoor pool and three restaurants including the Spatisserie, relaxed dining in The Barn and fine-dining at Restaurant Coworth Park. The only UK hotel to feature its own polo fields as well as an exceptional equestrian centre, current facilities include stabling for 30 horses together with self-contained accommodation for grooms and a full programme of polo tournaments.