Manage the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure quality standards are met while delivering a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Duties and responsibilities
· Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increasing productivity.
· Maintain proper inventory levels managing cost per room for supplies and labour.
· Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
· May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods.
· Manage the quality of housekeeping and laundry services. Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, rooms, equipment, linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
· Carry out the special needs and requests of guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members.
· Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
· Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling, and cleaning agents).
· May be responsible for the security of lost and found items throughout the hotel.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is a top housekeeping job in a full-service hotel which may include multiple sites and outlets with high volume catering and convention facilities. Typically manages a large number of staff. Reports to Executive Housekeeper.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Brussels, Belgium
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport
The hotel is part of “The Corporate Village” which consists of 76,000 m2 office space and is home to many national and international companies.
All 315 guest rooms, including a range of suites and a Club Floor, are designed using the latest trends and are the perfect haven of peace.