Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support
About the job
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate since 2020, our two properties, InterContinental Genève and Crowne Plaza Geneva are proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse teams are the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Join us as our new Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support:
Reporting to the General Manager and IHG Director of Finance & Business Support, Northern Europe, your main duties will be to:
- Draw up and steer the hotels’ financial policy based on guidelines given by Top Management.
- Be responsible for the hotels’ financial management and determine the financial impact of strategic decisions in order to ensure their profitability.
- Establish the data representing the hotels’ progress (P&L, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, management charts, etc.) to formulate proposals on the strategies to be followed.
- Contribute to the elaboration and execution of the strategic plan, budget, monthly operational forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns, in accordance with the country's regulations.
- Maintain operational and financial records and provide information regarding the enforcement of regulations, the conduct of business, as well as analyses, interpretations and forecasts to management.
- Maximize the hotels’ cash flow performance by tracking credits, receipts, disbursements, payments and settlements.
- Maintain relations with banks, negotiates overdraft lines, loans and investments.
- Manage the Finance & Accounting staff members (recruitment, training, administration, payroll, work time, planning).
Ce que nous attendons de vous
With a Higher Degree in Hospitality Management or Finance, Accounting & Business Administration, you have minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position in a hotel establishment of the same category (international luxury hotel) and capacity (+200 rooms), preferably in Switzerland. Excellent knowledge of Swiss accounting is essential.
You are fluent in English and French, at a C1 level minimum. Mastering German is a mandatory.
Excellent computer skills (especially Excel) and knowledge of Abacus, Opera and Simphony are required.
You are a driven, rigorous and result-oriented person. You are acknowledged for your flexibility and your ability to adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment. You have strong analytical and synthesis skills and you are a true leader and coach to your team.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and work permit holders as well as EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
Ce que nous vous proposons
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply or send us your application at email@example.com.
- Department: Finance & Accounting
The Crowne Plaza Geneva pulls out all the stops to create your home away from home. In a setting combining elegance and comfort, you'll be attended by friendly and professional staff. The hotel provides excellent services to ensure that your visit to Geneva is unforgettable.
Located in the district of Cointrin, the Crowne Plaza Geneva is close to the airport, railway station, city centre and those places at the heart of city life – venues like the Palexpo Conference Centre where the famous Geneva Motor Show is held every year. Whether you come to Geneva on business or simply to discover the city of Calvin with all its treasures, the Crowne Plaza Hotel offers you Swiss quality and an ambiance that marries elegance and simplicity.
The Crowne Plaza Geneva is also the ideal venue for organizing your events. The hotel can assist you in organizing gala dinners, conferences, private functions and even wedding receptions. Our excellent service is available to you to guarantee a successful event.
Even if you're just passing through, come and enjoy a gastronomic experience in our restaurants Seventy5 or Le Jardin. Don't forget our Sunday brunches, a mouthwatering treat for all the family.