At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Holiday Inn requirements.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
We''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself. So, what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
- Job type
- Columbus, OH, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract