Do you see yourself as a Director of Finance and Business Support?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Crowne Plaza Newcastle- Stephenson Quarter hotel is an elegant 4* Deluxe hotel one of the newest properties in Newcastle City Centre. Crowne Plaza Newcastle- Stephenson Quarter facilities include, a private Club Lounge, an amazing restaurant, a lively bar, Large and small conference rooms and a health and fitness centre including a Pool.
We have an exciting opportunity to Join us as Director of Finance and Business Support.
This challenging position has overall responsibility for directing the financial operations of the hotel to ensure the security of the assets of the company in a decentralized accounting environment.
You will develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; ensure compliance to "Internal Control Checkup" maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts; ensure compliance with government regulations; federal, state and local laws. Independently comply with record retention requirements. You are charged to create the annual operating budget of the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers along with maximizing cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection disbursements, deposits and remittances.
You will enforce, document and establish adequate controls for all revenue and expenses and protection of assets, and ensures controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service while you distribute outlook and forecast information as an up to date management tool for operating departments.
You may perform additional accounting management duties such as negotiating hotel space and tenant leases; processing payroll in a decentralized environment; performing asset management duties; providing forecasting and business projections, displacement analysis, preparing government reports, filing tax returns, etc and assist with other duties as requested.
The role will include but not limited to:
- Providing support to the CFO and other ExCo members to optimise the Company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Full awareness of the Company’s accounting function
- Preparation of weekly and monthly flash covering sales & margin performance of hotels
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts including core financials, variance analysis, KPIs and commentary
- Contribution to formulation of annual business plan and subsequent reforecasts
- Maintaining contract pricing models and resultant forecast hotel P&Ls
- Creation and circulation of monthly hotel P&Ls and performance metrics for incentive target tracking
- Job type
- Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible