At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That''s where you come in. When you''re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you''re more than just a job title. At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too!
Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific is located opposite one of the most spectacular beaches right in the heart of Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast.
Reporting to our Assistant Front Office Manager & Executive Assistant Manager the Hotel Services Assistant Manager will have a strong Rooms focus and will primarily be responsible for leading our team members on shift across Front Office and Reservations.
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As an Assistant Manager – you’re the leader. You’ll be the person guests rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience.
The hotel team work closely together so whilst you’ll predominantly focus your time across Front Office, you may also support our Food & Beverage operations, Housekeeping, Engineering and all other areas of the hotel as needed.
You’ll be in tune with your team, driving performance and engagement and ensuring they receive the right learning and development opportunities to maximise performance and maintain a positive and productive work environment
This critical leadership position requires proven capability to take the lead with the team and create exceptional guest experiences, as well as working well under pressure, in those times we need to pull together as a team. You will enjoy making a guest''s stay special as well as motivating and engaging your team to deliver results.
This ideal candidate will also possess the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Business Administration
- Minimum three years of guest service/hotel experience in a leadership capacity across Front Office
- Ability to work across both Front Office and Reservations
- Great communication skills (written and verbal), passion for delivering results and developing people and self
- Excellent skills in POS or hotel PMS systems will be key and experience with Infrasys or Opera would be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and be familiar with fire emergency procedures, evacuation procedures, and demonstrate awareness of Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Certifications - First Aid Certification and Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Experience in Food & Beverage operations is also desirable
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you.
Whats more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we''ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and well make sure you''ll have room to be yourself.
Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com