Do you see yourself as an Front Desk Agent? What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts we love to help our guests reach their personal business goals - one after the other - and accelerate their journey to success. We do this by combining the best facilities with great service so our guests feel productive, accomplished and re-energized during their trip
- Ensure worker’s compensation claims are properly documented and reported. Ensure that there is an active safety committee at the hotel, safety programs are implemented, and that employees are motivated to follow safety procedures.
- Work within the established Human Resources department budget.
- Facilitate effective training and development programs for employees. In conjunction with Corporate Human Resources and General Manager, ensure that all managers and supervisors are trained on the progressive discipline process, performance management process, and related management programs and initiatives. Coach managers to create and maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity. Conduct new employee orientation to familiarize employees with Company standards, policies, procedures, rules and other employee programs.
- Identify, recruit, and make recommendations for hiring all candidates for all hotel positions. Screen, interview and test applicants; coordinate background checks/references, and process applicable paperwork, etc. Oversee the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and HR Systems on all employees. Ensure that company hiring standards, laws and applicable regulations are followed in the application, hiring and selection process.
- Support and administer an effective employee relations program. Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential liability to the Company, and facilitate resolution. Consult regularly with Corporate Human Resources regarding serious matters or escalating issues. Support and promote the Employee Resolution process.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, government agencies, and company policies and procedures (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, Wage and Hour, Affirmative Action, employee records administration, etc.). Conduct annual HR compliance/standards self-audit. Communicate all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Collect and maintain data from exit interviews. Identify trends, training needs, supervisory issues, etc. in exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports and etc., alert management and recommend courses of action.
- Provide required documentation in response to unemployment claims. Participate in unemployment hearings as needed. Ensure that paperwork is complete and documentation is thorough so the company’s position can be legally and effectively represented.
- Coordinate, support and administer all other corporate initiatives such as annual merit process, short term incentive process, benefit enrollment and communication, wage and hour surveys, etc.
- Create programs and events to foster a positive work environment for all employees (e.g. pep rallies, all employee meetings, excitement committees, health fairs, etc.). Support and administer the employee satisfaction survey in conjunction with the Corporate office. Assist the General Manager and other department managers with developing action plans based on feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma plus 2 years related experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some college courses in Human Resources, Employment Law or related field preferred. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Computer programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., and Human Resources/payroll systems. ADP/Timesaver experience preferred. Professional HR designation (PHR, SPHR or other) preferred.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself. So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.