Do you see yourself as a Risk Manager?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into Shopping, tennis, cooking or trekking, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
You''ll be an integral member of Crowne Plaza Kochi team. You''ll report directly to the General Manager and coordinate with the work scheduled. Maintaining Company Brand Standards, performing Risk and Hygiene related work for your hotel and the planning, development and implementation of smooth operation in the hotel will be key parts of your role.
In return, we''ll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You''ll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we''ll give you Room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- The Risk Manager takes full responsibility in the implementation of all Safety, Security and Risk Management programs for the purpose of protecting all company assets, including guests, colleagues and visitors.
- Interact with guests and colleagues as well as individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to Law Enforcement Agencies, Government Officials, other Security Managers and members of the local community.
- Implement a structured review process of existing security policies and procedures as required after consultation with senior management.
- Develop and implement strategies to protect company assets, including loss prevention awareness.
- Develop training in fire life safety and other approved safety programs, such as Bomb threats, Security Awareness, Anti-terrorism practices, First response fire fighting training, Evacuations and Health & Safety awareness.
- Develops and directs the implementation of emergency guidelines and evacuation procedures.
- Carry out Fire Life Safety Risk Assessments for all special events and functions as required within IHG standards.
- Maintain the IHG Fire Life Safety Risk Management calendar, including compliance checks on all Heads of Departments.
- Ensure Quality Evaluation Audits achieve and maintain 100% compliance.
- Continuously monitor the IHG Threat Vulnerability Awareness to ensure compliance with recommendations.
- To update and ensure the Crisis Management Team are fully aware of the requirements of Hotel Crisis Management Manual.
- Implementation of FSMS
- To be fully familiar with local Food Hygiene and FSMS guidelines
- Maintains records of Food Safety and Hygiene related forms, checks and Audits.
- Conduct hygiene audit of all kitchen associates and provide feedback
- Conduct regular spot checks on food items received for temperature abuse.
- Knowledgeable to decision and problem solving skills
- Inspect food holding and transport equipment.
- Checking that all food items for storage are covered, dated, labeled
- Checking the rotation of foods – Ensuring FIFO
- Conducts daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides a corrective action plan and keeps records on the findings.
- Checks daily cleaning status in kitchens with respective kitchen managers and stewarding
- Ensures the temperature of refrigerators and freezers are up to the standard.
- Coordinates microbial food tests with kitchens and laboratory in case of new products/suppliers and suspected food borne illness complaints.
- Conducts vendor inspection with the Purchasing and Executive Chef
- Liaises with Pest Control Company and HK for any pest issues in the operations, and reviews the pest control performance.
- Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
- Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation
- Works closely with the Training Manager and conducts Food Handlers Training sessions to all food handlers.
- Regularly review and refresh the food safety standards of all food handlers within the hotel premises
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kochi, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible