Do you see yourself as a Sous Chef? What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts we love to help our guests reach their personal business goals - one after the other - and accelerate their journey to success. We do this by combining the best facilities with great service so our guests feel productive, accomplished and re-energized during their trip. At The Crowne Plaza Perimeter at Ravinia we are located just two blocks from the Marta Dunwoody station and across the street from Perimeter Mall. The hotel has 495 guestrooms, 32,000 square feet of meeting space, and three distinct Food and Beverage outlets for our guests to enjoy inspired by Kimpton. The hotel has completed an extensive renovation to become the flagship of the Crowne Plaza Brand.
Assist in managing a single food and beverage outlet or a shift or section of food and beverage operations. Supervise kitchen employees and entry-level Culinary Staff in preparation and cooking of various food items and their garnishment and presentation. Responsible for menu planning and development and cost control.
Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, plus two years of experience as a chef, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience. Degree or certificate in culinary arts preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees and guests that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when giving and receiving instructions and preparing recipes
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself. So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract