Director of Finance
About the job
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company that prides itself on making a difference by being different. Our vision is to be Europe’s leading hotel company and every member of our team must play their part in delivering exceptional service to our guests, our owners, and our colleagues in order to achieve this. With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit, and communities, Cycadettes transform hotels.
The Greet hotel – Darmstadt a ‘Bauhaus’ beauty reborn as a hotel and community hub. After a transitional year, we have completed our rebranding and joined the Accor hotels family. Our stylish and inviting interiors are full of light and garden views. Our flexible spaces are designed with all you need to meet, work, play, sleep, dine and drink. The greet guest experience is environmentally sustainable and full of local flavour. We are located a short distance from the rail station and if you wish to fly in for a visit, Frankfurt Airport is a 15-minute drive from us.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong finance and accounting acumen, can see the bigger picture and work at both an operating and strategic level. You will be expected to understand the numbers, know your systems as well as lead the accounting function to achieve deadlines and high-quality output.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with hotel team, Cycas finance and the owners (Warimpex). Therefore, it is essential that you have strong communication skills in German and English. You are eager to develop the best practices and financial systems as well optimize the financial control function.
Indirectly Reports To:
- Cycas Finance Team for hotel operation
- Warimpex’ investor’s representative for Propco’s and statutory accounting
Forecast the financial operations of the hotel while managing the hotel assets and ensuring a centralised accounting environment for the following entities
- Boyauville Invest GmbH (Propco – Asset owner)
- Boyauville Betriebs GmbH (Opco – Hotel operator)
- Future: possibly additional 1-3 real estate owning companies for additional development
- To keep accounting records which accurately reflect all financial transactions of the Entities mentioned in the job scope, which are in accordance with company policy and meet statutory requirements. To review financial reporting service this assists in achieving the strategic and tactical objectives of the company.
- The Senior Financial Accountant is expected to take a very strong role in the day-to-day operation with focus on being a business partner to the General Manager and providing a controlling framework.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and German.
- 3-4 years of working experience in accounting and/or hospitality.
- A bachelor or similar degree in accounting or business economics
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, customers, and ownership.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be flexible in approach, able to cope with demanding deadlines and pressurized situations and deal with competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy of information & data.
- A team player mindset and integrates well into finance and operation teams
Preferred skills and knowledge
- Previous working knowledge/experience within hospitality
- Certified “Bilanzbuchhalter”.
- A good working knowledge of Opera (PMS)
- Understanding of Micros/Symphony.
- Understanding of Datev
- Understanding of formal and legal HR requirements & procedures
Key Job Responsibilities
- Deal with all accounting and control matters in the hotel and for the other account entities in accordance with company policy, USALI, statutory requirements and best commercial practice.
- Takes responsibility for the statutory accounting and reporting for the accounts and driving completion of statutory accounts in a timely manner.
- Manage the currently outsourced accounting service providers to ensure that quality and accuracy for the monthly reporting are maintained and deadlines are met.
- Lead the future planned insourcing of the accounting department.
- Managing the month-end process to ensure accurate and timely completion of management accounts.
- Practice effective balance sheet management and ensure reconciliations are completed monthly.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Present and explain variances to financial objectives to the General Manager, owners and relevant department heads in a clear and concise manner and prepare owners reports monthly and as and when required.
- Perform financial analysis, by reviewing P&L and Balance Sheet. Highlight financial risks and opportunities to stakeholders and developing action plans when required.
- Lead the preparation of the annual operating budgets for the hotels and provide analytical support during budgets reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Prepare monthly forecasts, focusing on maximizing EBITDA conversion and providing a realistic outlook to support decision taking.
Controlling and Business Partnering:
- Establish, review and maintain all internal control systems within the hotel in every area of operation, in accordance with company procedures.
- Strong liaison with head of departments and General Manager and offering support and advice on financial decision making.
- To assists and supervise the accounting team.
- Liaise with auditors on internal and yearly audits.
- Manage day-to-day activities, plan, and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train, and motivate your finance and accounting team to achieve hotel profit targets. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools, and equipment to successfully carry out job duties. Provide direction to hotel employees on how decision-making impacts profits.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
- All operational departments
- General Managers
- Cycas Finance Team
- Outsourced Accounting Team
- External Suppliers, including Accor brand
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Exclusive employee discounted rates within Accor and other hotel groups affiliated brands.
- Continuous paid training and development opportunities
- Home office 1 or 2 days a week
- Meals on property included
- 20% Performance bonus, competitive salary
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Language required: English. German is a plus
Welcome to Cycas !
Cycas Hospitality is the leading, pan-European hospitality management company, operating all categories of hotels and serviced apartments for private and institutional investment partners.
With a portfolio of more than 40 branded and independent properties across twelve European countries, our collection brings together a range of key-city locations, travel hubs and leisure destinations.
We partner with all the major, global brands as well as curating independently branded hotels. Our hotels encompass the full spectrum, ranging from limited-service to full-service, boutique, extended-stay and luxury hotels in addition to high-end serviced apartments.
Cycas is focussed on delivering outstanding guest experience to drive superior top and bottom-line investor returns.
Our core purpose is to develop and inspire Europe’s best hospitality team, and we are incredibly proud of the team we have assembled, both within our hotels and specialist hotel support teams.
Director of Finance
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: