PRE OPENING Front Office Manager
About the job
Two of Europe’s leading hotel companies, Borealis Hotel Group and Cycas Hospitality, have announced a strategic partnership to open and operate the 186-room Ibis Styles Copenhagen Ørestad. The neighbourhood is located on the island of Amager.
Set to open December 2022, the Copenhagen hotel represent the first Accor in Copenhagen and is part of the Nest45 project. Ørestad is becoming ‘the’ commercial and residential area from Copenhagen due to its attractive location, and eye-catching modern architecture. The 186-room business hotel will also feature, an atrium, lounge area, roof terrace, restaurant and bar and an outdoor gym. The Ibis Styles offers its guests a hotel with an unbeatable location, having the Bella Centre conference facilities across the street, a metro station just outside the door allowing to reach the heart of Copenhagen in 7 minutes, and a public car park for those arriving by car. "
As a Front Office Manager reporting directly to the General Manager; on a daily basis, you will be responsible for dealing with all the aspects. From guest registration, concierge/porter services, business centre, incoming telephones to guest reservations – to deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the Ibis Styles to life!
Key tasks will include but not be limited to;
- Be the best welcome host you can be. It’s vital that our guests are warmly welcomed, as you read and respond appropriately to what they want and need.
- Act as a role model for your team members, as you plan, organize, and assign work. You train, inspire, and motivate your team to make sure they meet our main goal, happy guests!
- Be an excellent problem solver and do not shy away from a challenge, as you are creatively and with a sense of humour solve our guest’s issues and complaints.
- Have great Accor systems knowledge
- Ensure that you and your team assist guests in the desirable, friendly, courteous, and professional manner with check-in and check-out, ensuring that any special requirements are noted and passed to the appropriate department.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of your team; plan, organise and assign work and advise your team of formal policies and procedures.
- Ensure your department rolls out and adheres to the Accor standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all complaints are dealt with appropriately taking on the authority to resolve any concerns and requests raised and discuss accordingly with the operations manager if needed.
- Monitor all guest accounts ensuring that charges posted are correct and that supporting documentation is readily available.
- Manage the operation of the hotel switchboard to the company standard, ensuring that all messages are correctly handled.
- Make the rota of the front office department, manage overtime and holidays.
- Carry out bi-annual performance reviews of the front office team.
- Point of contact for external parties like: outsourced night company, bike rental company, taxi company, external concierge services like tickets & tours.
- Monthly review of departmental costs & incomes like bike commissions, 3rd party reservations commissions, upsell revenue, late check-out revenue, Oaky upsell revenue, etc.
- In liaison with human resources recruit and select new associates, contract conversations, performance reviews, etc for the front office department in liaison with the operations manager.
What we offer you?
- Cycas Smiles and Celebration system
- Cycas Travel Discounts in all the hotels in our portfolio
- Accor Travel Discount in all their hotels
- A place where development is key and we help you to keep improving yourself
Key Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should have strong experience in reservations, ideally in hotels and have strong administrative, communication and computing skills.
- Someone who has previous experience in a Front Office Management role
- Positive attitude and drive
- Ability to work closely with the team across function into Sale, Reservations Revenue and Operations
- Ability to drive and implement changes
- Passion for developing yourself and others
- Good attention to detail and Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to engage, utilize and manage different systems
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Preferable but not essential - Accor PMS systems experience
- Department: Room Division Management
- Language required: English.
Welcome to Cycas !
Cycas Hospitality is the leading, pan-European hospitality management company, operating all categories of hotels and serviced apartments for private and institutional investment partners.
With a portfolio of more than 40 branded and independent properties across twelve European countries, our collection brings together a range of key-city locations, travel hubs and leisure destinations.
We partner with all the major, global brands as well as curating independently branded hotels. Our hotels encompass the full spectrum, ranging from limited-service to full-service, boutique, extended-stay and luxury hotels in addition to high-end serviced apartments.
Cycas is focussed on delivering outstanding guest experience to drive superior top and bottom-line investor returns.
Our core purpose is to develop and inspire Europe’s best hospitality team, and we are incredibly proud of the team we have assembled, both within our hotels and specialist hotel support teams.
PRE OPENING Front Office Manager
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: