About the job
Head Chef – New hotel opening Ibis Styles Ørestad
Are you a creative chef who has a passion for food and guest love? A new hotel brand is coming to Copenhagen - Ibis Styles Copenhagen Ørestad.
Borealis Hotel Group and Cycas Hospitality, two of the Europe’s leading hotel companies, will open the business hotel as part of the Nest45 Project. The Ibis Styles Copenhagen, is due to open in December 2022, with 186 bedrooms and features; an atrium, lounge area, roof terrace, restaurant & bar and an outdoor gym. The Ibis Styles offers its guests a hotel with an unbeatable location, having the Bella Centre conference facilities across the street, a metro station just outside the door to reach the heart of Copenhagen in 7 minutes.
If you are a hands-on chef who likes to lead a kitchen team.
You will be responsible for the overall kitchen operation, including food preparation, quality, and cost control, to ensure all quality standards and revenue goals are met. Create and establish the restaurant’s food offering with the General Manager and is responsible for the kitchen’s Health and safety.
What will you do?
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, to optimize the following:
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Operating costs
- Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene)
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation, and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards and governmental regulations. Ensure that staff have the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties
- Manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan, and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance
- Ensure brand standards are always at the highest levels, whilst ensuring that strict adherence to Food Hygiene Regulations is complied with all team members
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met for the kitchen based on legal legislations
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
What do you need?
• Valid work permit for Denmark
• Advanced level of the Danish & English
• Pre-opening experience
• Recent experience in a similar role
• Good basic education
• Basic Food Hygiene certification
What do we offer?
• Competitive compensation package
• Discounted hotel stays (Accor & Cycas)
• Various learning and development opportunities to allow you to further grow with us
• More Great Benefits
Cycas Hospitality is a gift for any hospitality professional. Over the past 10 years we’ve created an innovative hotel management company. Join us at an exciting time as we grow and develop not only our portfolio but also our people. At Cycas we work hard, and we make working hard look fun. This is your opportunity to shine and be a part of something great.
We are waiting to hear from you.
- Competitive salary, bonus, travel discounts
- Department: F&B kitchen
- Language required: English.
Welcome to Cycas !
Cycas Hospitality is the leading, pan-European hospitality management company, operating all categories of hotels and serviced apartments for private and institutional investment partners.
With a portfolio of more than 40 branded and independent properties across twelve European countries, our collection brings together a range of key-city locations, travel hubs and leisure destinations.
We partner with all the major, global brands as well as curating independently branded hotels. Our hotels encompass the full spectrum, ranging from limited-service to full-service, boutique, extended-stay and luxury hotels in addition to high-end serviced apartments.
Cycas is focussed on delivering outstanding guest experience to drive superior top and bottom-line investor returns.
Our core purpose is to develop and inspire Europe’s best hospitality team, and we are incredibly proud of the team we have assembled, both within our hotels and specialist hotel support teams.