About the job
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company that prides itself on making a difference by being different. Our vision is to be Europe’s leading hotel company and every member of our team must play their part in delivering exceptional service to our guests, our owners, and our colleagues in order to achieve this. Cycadettes transform hotels.
The 99-key Holiday Inn Express & Suites Deventer will comprise 83 standard rooms plus 16 suites, providing the first aparthotel facility in the area. Whilst each suite includes a kitchenette, living space and separate sleeping area to cater for longer-staying travellers, guests will still benefit from the hotel’s wider facilities, including complimentary Express StartTM breakfast. With extensive car parking, the property’s location on the outskirts of Deventer along the A1 motorway, which connects The Netherlands and Germany, and proximity to the bus line 6, with onward rail connections across Europe, ensures the hotel will be easily accessible.
In the role of operations manager, we are looking for an individual with confidence, strong work ethic, dedication, and hands-on mentality to get the job done, whilst helping our guests make the most of their stays.
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Ability to create unique guest experiences and maximize revenue.
- Broad business view, solid business acumen obtained from a strong understanding of hospitality.
- Preferred Front Office experience
- Preferred F&B experience
- Translates business needs into what needs to get done; ensures that all work is completed effectively, solves problems, and monitors the progress of work against schedules, budgets; maintains high performance standards
- Supports the on-property teams and drives actions through all resources.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take constructive action without relying on direction from others
- Ability to manage customer preference, loyalty, and engagement drivers and actions
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing, presentation)
- Good problem-solving skills, encouraging new innovations where appropriate
- Strong associate relations and customer relations skills
- Recognizes, celebrates and rewards individual and collective successes
- Preferably worked for an extended stay hotel before
- Hotel industry experience is essential for the role
- Experience with hotel software such as Opera Cloud (PMS)
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality is a plus - but not necessary
- Strong communicator and team player
- Organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving, and demanding environment
- Fluency in English; Dutch not mandatory
What we offer you!
- Salary range of €2900 - €3650
- A fun, spirited workplace where we put people at the heart of everything and our colleagues get to be their true self!
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance, training, and career possibilities
- Feed your wanderlust with discounts all over the world
- Free use of the property gym
- Travel allowance
- Free parking
- €2900.00 to €3650.00 per year Travel discounts, free parking, travel allowance
- Department: Room Division Management
- Language required: English. Dutch is a plus
Welcome to Cycas !
Cycas Hospitality is the leading, pan-European hospitality management company, operating all categories of hotels and serviced apartments for private and institutional investment partners.
With a portfolio of more than 40 branded and independent properties across twelve European countries, our collection brings together a range of key-city locations, travel hubs and leisure destinations.
We partner with all the major, global brands as well as curating independently branded hotels. Our hotels encompass the full spectrum, ranging from limited-service to full-service, boutique, extended-stay and luxury hotels in addition to high-end serviced apartments.
Cycas is focussed on delivering outstanding guest experience to drive superior top and bottom-line investor returns.
Our core purpose is to develop and inspire Europe’s best hospitality team, and we are incredibly proud of the team we have assembled, both within our hotels and specialist hotel support teams.
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: