PRE OPENING Sales Manager
About the job
Cycas Hospitality are a hotel management company that prides itself on making a difference by being different. Our vision is to be Europe’s leading hotel company and every member of our team must play their part in delivering exceptional service to our guests, our owners, and our colleagues in order to achieve this. With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit, and communities, Cycadettes transform hotels. We make working hard look like fun, whilst having a huge amount of fun working hard and delivering success and results.
Set to open December 2022, the Copenhagen hotel represent the first Accor in Copenhagen and is part of the Nest45 project. Ørestad is becoming ‘the’ commercial and residential area from Copenhagen due to its attractive location, and eye-catching modern architecture. The 186-room business hotel will also feature, an atrium, lounge area, roof terrace, restaurant and bar and an outdoor gym. The Ibis Styles offers its guests a hotel with an unbeatable location, having the Bella Centre conference facilities across the street, a metro station just outside the door allowing to reach the heart of Copenhagen in 7 minutes, and a public car park for those arriving by car. "
This role contributes to the Cycas Hospitality vision, goals and values and is responsible for maximizing overall revenue and performance throughout the property. The Sales Manager works closely with the Area Director of Sales and the General Manager to determine appropriate sales strategies in key market segments maximizing all opportunity supporting revenue objectives.
The Sales Manager will be tasked to work towards sales targets and network with corporate clients, TMCs, ES Agents, local associations, and networking groups, etc. He/she also must observe the local and wider domestic market, identify trends and monitor competitor activity.
The Sales Manager also manages key accounts and oversees the account management of all the contracted accounts across multiple market segments, aiming to maximize sales activities and driving a sales culture on property.
- Drive Market Share and revenue performance for the property
- Develop and implement strategies by segment and relevant distribution channels
- Works with the revenue team to set Sales strategies and drive commercial action
- Present and contribute during monthly owner’s and budget meetings on key actions undertaken
- Manage, coach & develop a sales culture for the property
- Create and develop a robust sales plan for the property with key internal stakeholders
- Develops, monitors, and adjusts sales, groups strategies as required based on business needs
- Reviews sales account production monthly with revenue to identify patterns & volume of production to agree appropriate actions are taken
- Working with Marketing team to put together promotions during low demand period, value add promotions and event periods.
- Plays an integral role in all sales negotiations for existing business and for new account(s) sign up
- Prepares reports and other materials for regular meetings and business processes
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Attend Sales events when required
- Report on a weekly/monthly basis all pipeline, contracts won, key activity in the month and next and top and bottom performing accounts
- Answer customer queries in a timely and suitable manner
- Work within current business strategies and recognize potential opportunities
- Prepare proposals and contracts.
- Partner with Cluster Director or Sales to maximize group level accounts and segments
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of current accounts production and competitive set prospects via various sales tools and other industry tools & reports
- Ensure our CRM tool in Salesforce is maintained and updated as per the required standard set by the organization
Competencies & Skills
- High proficiency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English and Danish is required.
- Acknowledged Sales experience within Denmark
- Understanding of sales within a Global Brand
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and relationship skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical approach to sales and ability to “think outside the box”.
- Effective ability to supervise, motivate, coach, and develop teams
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, enthusiasm and be a motivator
- Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment.
- Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Desire to coach selling techniques to the team on property
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Always comply with the company codes of conduct
- Excellent grooming standards
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training and development
- Produce reports as required in line with current guidelines
- Attend owner meetings/board meetings as appropriate and actively contribute to all forums
- Competitive salary, bonus, travel discounts
- Department: Sales
- Language required: English.
Welcome to Cycas !
Cycas Hospitality is the leading, pan-European hospitality management company, operating all categories of hotels and serviced apartments for private and institutional investment partners.
With a portfolio of more than 40 branded and independent properties across twelve European countries, our collection brings together a range of key-city locations, travel hubs and leisure destinations.
We partner with all the major, global brands as well as curating independently branded hotels. Our hotels encompass the full spectrum, ranging from limited-service to full-service, boutique, extended-stay and luxury hotels in addition to high-end serviced apartments.
Cycas is focussed on delivering outstanding guest experience to drive superior top and bottom-line investor returns.
Our core purpose is to develop and inspire Europe’s best hospitality team, and we are incredibly proud of the team we have assembled, both within our hotels and specialist hotel support teams.
PRE OPENING Sales Manager
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: