Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Diamond Hotels Canada Inc.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront is growing their sales team and we are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated Sales & Catering Manager to join our family.
You will be primarily responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and prospective clients in an effort to generate guestrooms, meeting, and catering revenue in the SMERF and Meetings market segments. This position is identified as an inside sales position with mandatory phone and email coverage during standard business hours. This position is responsible for all function detail management with the client and is the primary liaison with the food and beverage team in delivering results.
You will constantly be pursuing new business and actively prospecting to find revenue opportunities that will grow and develop catering, conference, wedding, and event business for the hotel. Building and maintaining strong relationships and gaining repeat clients will be critical to maximizing revenue long term while achieving personal targets. You must ensure that high demand periods are protected and revenue is maximized through use of booking windows, length of event requirements, discounting practices, and upselling techniques.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 2 years of proven successful sales experience, preferably in a catering environment
- Completion of a two-year community college diploma in a related area or equivalent
- Ability to multitask while focusing on achievement of revenue and activity goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client focused and a team player
- Ensure a professional appearance, attire, and attitude while on property, prepared to represent the hotel with limited notice
- Able to establish rapport with clients quickly to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated, self-starter, entrepreneurial, working with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills Opera and Opera Sales & Catering experience an asset
- Some travel is required
- Must be able to work general office hours (8:30/9:00am to 4:30/5:00pm) with occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Must have access to a vehicle with a valid drivers license
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kingston, Canada
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible