With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
See where your journey can take you. At Marriott International, we believe in seizing opportunities and making your own adventure. A world of opportunity can happen with every guest you meet – and you never know who might show up next. That big world also extends to our global, diverse family of associates. Like most families, we’re a group of unique individuals who bring different strengths, styles, personalities and interests to the table. And this makes every single day a new discovery. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The impact you’ll make
You are the first contact for our hotel guests. When you greet our guests you create an experience that is both welcoming and exciting. You take pride in our hotel and city; you offer warm conversation and helpful suggestions. When you shine, our guests will look forward to a great stay at our hotel.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
- Free parking & use of our fitness facilities
What you’ll do
- Welcome guests
- Check guests in and out of the hotel
- Be knowledgeable about our hotel services and products
- Be knowledgeable about our city and things to do
- Answer our guests questions, make recommendations and provide directions
- Answer phones
- Communicate with our other departments about our guests needs
- Follow up with our guests to ensure satisfaction
- Arrange transportation
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
- And much more
What we’re looking for
- A warm, positive and genuine personality
- Puts people first
- Previous front office experience is a big plus
- Great communication skills
- Someone with good computer skills
This role requires standing or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Applicants: Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort takes
seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will
provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you
require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online
application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond
to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only
for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation
as part of the recruiting process.